Not sure about you, but when we think of fall fashion, plaid immediately comes to mind. The preppy-lumberjack print can be found everywhere these days, from a simple flannel button-up to an oversized coat and even accessories. However you choose to embrace the timeless pattern — whether it’s a single item or head-to-toe — check out these chic looks for major inspo.
1. Monochromatic: We’re green with envy over Camila Coelho’s NYFW getup. Try your hand at the trend with just a hint showing through. Wear the same shade all over to make the most runway-approved impact.
2. Layered Up: A statement coat is a surefire way to get noticed — turn heads in a simple plaid piece as seen on blogger Charlotte Bridgeman. The low-key color palette can be worn with anything, especially a cozy sweater and jeans (AKA easy fall fashion in a nutshell).
3. Mixed Prints: Follow Jacey Duprie to learn a thing or two about print mixing, done right. The key? Keep your separates in the same color family with the pattern varying in shape and size.
4. Day to Night: Take your boss babe vibes from the office to after-hours, like Chriselle Lim. Swap in a lacey cami to pair underneath your blazer or, if you’re really feeling brave, skip the undershirt altogether and button up your jacket for something seriously sexy.
5. Wrapped: The easiest way to bring plaid to the party? Tie a button-up around your waist. Not only does it add sporty vibes, but it’ll come in handy once the temps really start to drop. All black extras, like leather moto boots, only amplify the cool factor.
6. Check, Please: A wide-leg wool pant in an oversized print is officially on our list for fall a la Blair Eadie. Couple the cozy style with neutral pieces so your bottoms stay the focus.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!