12 IKEA Hacks for the Nursery
Babies are tiny, but somehow their stuff manages to take up a lot of space and can be very expensive. IKEA is great for its affordable options and modern style, but sometimes you want something with a bit more personality and color for decorating your nursery. Our very own Brit rocked the DIY nursery for her little guy with lots of creative and colorful touches, and you can too. Whether you want a colorful changing table or some more interesting options for displaying those teeny tiny shoes, IKEA hacks are the solution for your dream nursery.
1. DIY Crib Sheet: Using your fave fabric from their “by the yard” section, you can make the linen set of your dreams, without sacrificing your vision. (via Lovely Indeed)
2. Rocking Sheep DIY: You’ll never believe this soft and wooly sheep started life as a boldly-colored moose. Go wild and create the animal that you love best! (via Stories)
3. DRONA Boxes Tassels: All it takes is tassels, and a little bit of color to transfer a storage situation from drab to fab. Plus, they’re are super fun to play on their own. (via Squirrelly Minds)
4. DIY Patchwork Rug Wall Art: Filling a big empty wall in a potentially drafty room, has never been easier. Gotta love those inexpensive rugs. (via Monstercircus)
5. Dresser Change Table: A fresh coat of paint and some new hardware — it’s all you need to transform the HEMNES dresser. Now, where to grab those handles! (via Paige Jones)
6. Baby Gym Upgrade: Not loving the standard set-up? Not to worry, with a little bit of tinkering you can update, and upgrade, to something a little more colourful. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
7. DIY Gold Shelves: Your store bought shelves will look a million times more interesting with some gold brackets. Bonus feature, they’ll look good with any color scheme. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
8. DIY Floating Credenza: Tiny apartment bedrooms don’t leave a lot of floor space for big furniture. Get a cupboard without sacrificing on toy space. (via Sugar & Cloth)
9. Wall of Dots: Make a colorful grid of polka dots intermingled with hangers for coats, hats and backpacks. (via IKEA)
More Ideas to consider
11. Bold Pop: Even a nursery needs some color, and this changing table will definitely make those 3am changings a little bit better. Paint an IKEA dresser your favorite color and play around with mismatched knobs for a bit of extra fun. (via A Beautiful Mess)
12. Turn It on Its Side: Can you spot the hack in this colorful circus nursery? For the window seat they used an IKEA bookshelf, added some legs and made a cushion for the top. They also used bin containers and painted circus numbers with stencils. (via How Joyful)
What is your favorite nursery IKEA hack? Share your tricks and hacks in the comments below!