Got the Blues? 20 Indigo Housewares We Love
As you may have noticed, we’re going gaga over indigo around here. Earlier this week, we showed you four ways to DIY using our handy dandy Indigo Tie Dye Kit ($12), and now we’re here to serve up 20 indigo housewares you should probably get your hands on.
And if you don’t feel like splurging on these handmade wares, try making them yourself!
1. Indigo Stripe Sham, Set of 2 ($69): You’ll dream sweetly atop this pair of summery striped shams.
2. Hand-Dyed Shibori Table Runner ($108): Love the boho vibe this adds to a classic dining table.
3. Polka Dot Napkins, Set of 4 ($20): Polka dots are timeless — instead of the classic black and white scene, go for this earthier look.
4. Little Circles Indigo Mud Cloth Tapestry ($69): Speaking of earthy, tie dye is back!
5. Indigo Dyed Rope Bowl ($45): Indigo-dyed rope? Sign us up.
6. Ombre Indigo-Dipped Lace Curtain ($148-$208): Whoa. That is some seriously skilled dye dipping — and that subtle gradient is totally swoon-worthy.
7. Indigo Striped Bed Blanket ($119): To match your shams, a striped blanket we could see spending a whole Sunday under ;)
8. Vintage Stripe Dot Indigo Tapestry ($175): As you can see, indigo is a versatile dye when it comes to the color wheel. This deep shade makes us think of richly hued denim.
9. Celestial Coaster Set ($32): Technically, indigo was not actually used when creating these coasters. But, they definitely fit this scene!
11. Handwoven Bamboo Throw ($78): This soft throw would look right at home in your summer beach bag.
12. Victorian Whale Bathmat ($58): We heart this so hard.
13. Indigo Dyed Zafu Meditation Cushion ($102): Whether you meditate or not, this cushion would look right at home in a bohemian living space.
14. Vintage Hmong Homespun Indigo Pillow Case ($70): Love the aged quality of this pillow case, made from repurposed Vietnamese textiles.
15. Indigo Napkins & Placemats, Set of 4 ($125): More napkins? Yes. And there are even more! This set of mix and match napkins would suit an outdoor dinner party perfectly.
17. Organic Reactive Indigo Dish Collection ($6-$20): That’s right — indigo DISHES. This glaze is made with natural indigo dye to create a range of beautiful blues.
18. Organic Indigo Ikat Striped Shams ($10-$15): Ikat + indigo = trend WIN.
19. Indigo Block Print Napkins, Set of 4 ($30): See what we told you about napkins? Love this set of patterned prints.
20. Tie-Dye Boo Pillow ($89): Omg, remember these? SO GOOD.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)