You can always count on braids to take your hair game from snoozeville to drop-dead gorgeous. Whether you’re rocking multi braids for spring or a boxer braid hairstyle during your workouts, this easy-yet-elegant ‘do is hard to beat. If you’re looking to switch things up in the braids department (without relying on a professional hairstylist), feast your eyes on this gorgeous trend: Replace your go-to headband accessory with a boho-esque braid to instantly elevate your stunning strands. Mix it with a messy chignon or layered curls — the possibilities are endless. Looking for inspiration to try this style? Check out how these 10 Instababes are rocking the plaited trend.
1. Fishtail Headband: Looking for the perfect sweet and sophisticated daytime look? Wrap a single fishtail braid over the top of your head to enhance your boho waves.
2. Petal Braids: Add a natural element to your ‘do by scattering a few flowers throughout a double-braided style. Whether you’re strolling through the park or visiting a museum, this look is great for your next all-day adventure.
3. Luscious Lilac: Embrace your flyaways by recreating this eye-catching chignon style. Bring a bit of drama to your look with a monochromatic hue on your lips and lids.
4. Twisted Locks: This twisted take on the braided headband trend couldn’t be simpler to pull off. Take two strands, twist them together, pull them apart to add some extra volume and you’re done.
5. Baby Braid: Have baby-fine hair that’s hard to manage? Grab a few strands and twist them together to add a subtle detail to an edgy low-bun ‘do.
6. Purple Plaits: Get poolside-ready by rocking two different-sized braids a la this fashion blogger. Add a bit of girly contrast with peachy lips and lids for super summery vibes all season long.
7. Milkmaid Babe: Get back to basics. Rock a traditional milkmaid braid, and kick it up a notch with unexpected beauty details, like a copper smokey eye or pop-of-pink pout.
8. Boho Crown: Give your festival outfit an authentic flair by pairing it with this killer braid. Add a few statement accessories and you’re ready to rock out to your favorite tunes.
9. Middle Part: Who needs bangs when you can sport this fabulous braided hairstyle? Add bouncy, touchable curls for date night, or keep it sleek for your BFF’s bachelorette.
10. French Braid Pigtails: Bring back your fave childhood hairstyle in the form of this sweet ‘do. Add an air of sophistication with a killer cat eye and subtle highlights.
Will you try this fun headband braid trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo.