This Instagram Braid Trend Will Replace All Your Headbands
You can always count on braids to take your hair game from snoozeville to drop-dead gorgeous. Whether you’re rocking multi braids for spring or a boxer braid hairstyle during your workouts, this easy-yet-elegant ‘do is hard to beat. If you’re looking to switch things up in the braids department (without relying on a professional hairstylist), feast your eyes on this gorgeous trend: Replace your go-to headband accessory with a boho-esque braid to instantly elevate your stunning strands. Mix it with a messy chignon or layered curls — the possibilities are endless. Looking for inspiration to try this style? Check out how these 10 Instababes are rocking the plaited trend.
1. Fishtail Headband: Looking for the perfect sweet and sophisticated daytime look? Wrap a single fishtail braid over the top of your head to enhance your boho waves.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by lateafternoon (@lateafternoon) on
2. Petal Braids: Add a natural element to your ‘do by scattering a few flowers throughout a double-braided style. Whether you’re strolling through the park or visiting a museum, this look is great for your next all-day adventure.
3. Luscious Lilac: Embrace your flyaways by recreating this eye-catching chignon style. Bring a bit of drama to your look with a monochromatic hue on your lips and lids.
4. Twisted Locks: This twisted take on the braided headband trend couldn’t be simpler to pull off. Take two strands, twist them together, pull them apart to add some extra volume and you’re done.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Blohaute (@blohaute) on
5. Baby Braid: Have baby-fine hair that’s hard to manage? Grab a few strands and twist them together to add a subtle detail to an edgy low-bun ‘do.
6. Purple Plaits: Get poolside-ready by rocking two different-sized braids a la this fashion blogger. Add a bit of girly contrast with peachy lips and lids for super summery vibes all season long.
7. Milkmaid Babe: Get back to basics. Rock a traditional milkmaid braid, and kick it up a notch with unexpected beauty details, like a copper smokey eye or pop-of-pink pout.
8. Boho Crown: Give your festival outfit an authentic flair by pairing it with this killer braid. Add a few statement accessories and you’re ready to rock out to your favorite tunes.
9. Middle Part: Who needs bangs when you can sport this fabulous braided hairstyle? Add bouncy, touchable curls for date night, or keep it sleek for your BFF’s bachelorette.
View this post on Instagram
today's my @dailybarry's 1st birthday and I'm so sad we're across the globe and won't be able to celebrate his big day today 😭💔 thank you for bringing so much joy to our little family. we love you very much barry da creeper can't wait to see you! 👀🎉
A post shared by Heart Defensor Telagaarta (@thatsheart) on
10. French Braid Pigtails: Bring back your fave childhood hairstyle in the form of this sweet ‘do. Add an air of sophistication with a killer cat eye and subtle highlights.
Will you try this fun headband braid trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.