This Instagram Braid Trend Will Replace All Your Headbands
You can always count on braids to take your hair game from snoozeville to drop-dead gorgeous. Whether you’re rocking multi braids for spring or a boxer braid hairstyle during your workouts, this easy-yet-elegant ‘do is hard to beat. If you’re looking to switch things up in the braids department (without relying on a professional hairstylist), feast your eyes on this gorgeous trend: Replace your go-to headband accessory with a boho-esque braid to instantly elevate your stunning strands. Mix it with a messy chignon or layered curls — the possibilities are endless. Looking for inspiration to try this style? Check out how these 10 Instababes are rocking the plaited trend.
1. Fishtail Headband: Looking for the perfect sweet and sophisticated daytime look? Wrap a single fishtail braid over the top of your head to enhance your boho waves.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by lateafternoon (@lateafternoon) on
2. Petal Braids: Add a natural element to your ‘do by scattering a few flowers throughout a double-braided style. Whether you’re strolling through the park or visiting a museum, this look is great for your next all-day adventure.
3. Luscious Lilac: Embrace your flyaways by recreating this eye-catching chignon style. Bring a bit of drama to your look with a monochromatic hue on your lips and lids.
4. Twisted Locks: This twisted take on the braided headband trend couldn’t be simpler to pull off. Take two strands, twist them together, pull them apart to add some extra volume and you’re done.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Blohaute (@blohaute) on
5. Baby Braid: Have baby-fine hair that’s hard to manage? Grab a few strands and twist them together to add a subtle detail to an edgy low-bun ‘do.
6. Purple Plaits: Get poolside-ready by rocking two different-sized braids a la this fashion blogger. Add a bit of girly contrast with peachy lips and lids for super summery vibes all season long.
7. Milkmaid Babe: Get back to basics. Rock a traditional milkmaid braid, and kick it up a notch with unexpected beauty details, like a copper smokey eye or pop-of-pink pout.
8. Boho Crown: Give your festival outfit an authentic flair by pairing it with this killer braid. Add a few statement accessories and you’re ready to rock out to your favorite tunes.
9. Middle Part: Who needs bangs when you can sport this fabulous braided hairstyle? Add bouncy, touchable curls for date night, or keep it sleek for your BFF’s bachelorette.
View this post on Instagram
today's my @dailybarry's 1st birthday and I'm so sad we're across the globe and won't be able to celebrate his big day today 😭💔 thank you for bringing so much joy to our little family. we love you very much barry da creeper can't wait to see you! 👀🎉
A post shared by Heart Defensor Telagaarta (@thatsheart) on
10. French Braid Pigtails: Bring back your fave childhood hairstyle in the form of this sweet ‘do. Add an air of sophistication with a killer cat eye and subtle highlights.
Will you try this fun headband braid trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.