The 19 Best April Fools’ Day Pranks on Instagram
March is coming to a close, and that means it’s nearly time for an *entire* day of pranks, LOLs and poor unsuspecting victims. If you’re still reeling from Bro + Co 2015 and want to make sure you don’t fall prey to those antics yet again, check out these April Fools’ Day pranks from 2015’s Instagram feed. From the toothpaste-filled treats to the silly office jokes, these pranks will make anyone do a double take (or taste!). Pick your favorite one, and get to scheming.
1. Mayo Pudding: Sure, this pudding/mayo swap is all kinds of wrong, but there’s just something about it that feels so right. Make a “vanilla” pudding dessert for an unsuspecting victim. Or go the sweeter route: Fill an empty mayonnaise jar with vanilla pudding, and walk around eating straight from the jar. It’ll totally freak your friends out. (via @tammy_kudrick)
2. Stapler in Jello: If you’re familiar with Jim and Dwight from The Office, than you probably remember the stapler-in-Jell-O prank that started it all. Now you can pull a “Jim” on your co-workers with this classic prank. Don’t worry, the challenge is not so much getting the stapler into the Jell-O, but rather getting it out. Maybe give them a spoon to help. (via @liquidtalent)
3. Mixed Candy: This joke might give someone some serious trust issues. Not really — but it still makes for a good laugh when you see your friend’s confused face after popping what they thought was a brown M&M into their mouth and instead taste a grape Skittle. (via @lauren72090)
4. Brown E: Just imagine the look on your family member’s faces when they rush into the kitchen after you let them know there are brown E’s in the kitchen. Technically, you didn’t lie. (via @joyinthejourney89)
5. Computer Mouse Prank: Chances are IT takes the brunt of this prank every April Fools.’ Maybe there’s nothing wrong with your mouse, but there’s definitely something wrong with your co-worker. (via @jordanmblythe)
6. Googly-Eyed Food: They’ve got their eyes on you. Prank your family or office by sticking googly eyes on all the food in the fridge to surprise whoever opens the door next for a snack. (via @luvsmenot)
7. Yarning Prank: What a tangled web they wove… of yarn! Surprise your roommate with this yarning prank. Warning: Be on the look out for April Fools’ retaliation! (via @valandco_photo)
8. Free Beer: If only this were true. April Fools,’ why you gotta be so mean? (via @shawtysnap34)
9. Caged: This one’s not for the faint of heart, unless there’s a secret celebrity crush lurking in your friend group. Imagine starting your car and getting ready to reverse when you glance into your rear view mirror and see Nicholas Cage (or whoever) staring back at you. (via @charitymurrell)
10. Honk Prank: This person didn’t know what all the honking was about on their drive to work that day. Your friend won’t either when you surprise them with this hilarious prank. (via @lemindyx)
11. One Coffee Bean: Every coffee-lover’s worst nightmare is running out of coffee — coffee beans included. Fool your friend by pouring out all their coffee beans except one into another zip lock bag. It’s even better if you can watch your friend in the morning while they swear the bag was full just the other day. (via @cozmohollis)
12. Balloons: This prankster may have had too much time on their hands. But you know what? It was totally worth it. (via @ffxtools)
13. Foiled: This guy deserves an award for no f*cks given. Wrap your co-worker’s cubicle and everything in it in aluminum foil for a shiny surprise. (via @jenn_knee_fur)
14. Spiders Under the Covers: If you’re planning on pulling this prank on your S.O., it might be wise to consider the consequences. Dun dun dun. Otherwise, sit back and watch their hilarious reaction. (via @blogging.banshee)
15. Glitter Bomb: This one should be reserved for your worst enemy. As awesome as glitter is, once it gets on you, that stuff stays like no other. April Fool’s Day may be a Friday, but your prankee will still be finding it in their underwear on Monday. Glitter means business. (via @alexisbritt)
16. Toothpaste Oreo Filling: As sweet as peppermint filling can be, toothpaste just isn’t the same. Scrape out the creme filling from Oreos and squeeze out a dollop of toothpaste onto each cookie for a *refreshing* surprise. (via @paleofitkkbnce)
17. Tape Down the Sink Sprayer: This age-old prank still gets people every time. Wrap clear tape around the sink’s side sprayer so it’s holding the button down. The next time someone tries to turn on the faucet, they’ll get soaked! (via @marcdole)
18. Mini Donuts: You’ve probably never seen donuts this teeny tiny. Trick your friends with your own set of seriously MINI donuts using lifesavers, a little frosting and sprinkles. Your friends might forgive you once they learn that they’re actually edible. (via @yummination)
19. Donut Surprise: If you revel in seeing the disappointed faces of your co-workers, this donut prank is a good one. Just maybe pack your own lunch that day, instead of risking a Seamless “mishap.” (via @thegiftedgabber)
How do you plan on pulling off the most epic April Fools’ prank? Follow us on Pinterest for even more April Fools’ ideas.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)