We have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Instagram. Mostly because we can’t figure out how we spend SO much time looking at food and selfies. To help justify all those hours spent on the app, we’ve decided to point out all the secret life lessons sprinkled throughout those photos you’ve been seeing all over. From Kesha’s important message to women to a creative sock hack, here’s everything we learned on Instagram this week.
1. Standing up for yourself is the ultimate testament to courage. Kesha has been in the news all week as celebs and music industry legends publicly stand behind her during her ongoing legal case against her alleged abuser Dr. Luke. Yesterday, Kesha finally took to Instagram and her Facebook to express her gratitude. In a Facebook post, she wrote, “I don’t want my future daughter – or your daughter – or any person to be afraid that they will be punished if they speak out about being abused, especially if their abuser is in a position of power… I just want to say that if you have been abused, please don’t be afraid to speak out. There are places that will make you feel safe. There are people who will help you. I for one, will stand beside you and behind you. I know now how this all feels and will forever fight for you the way perfect strangers have been fighting for me.” (Photo via @iiswhoiis)
2. Solo adventures don’t need to be scary. All your friends busy tonight? Don’t feel like you have to hang out at home alone. Head to the movies, go for an evening stroll or maybe grab a book and take yourself out to dinner just like Carly Rae Jepsen did. (Photo via @carlyraejepsen)
3. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Recently Blake Lively took to Instagram to share her creative hack for warming up her feet when she found herself without socks. How’d she do it? By wrapping them in toilet paper, of course. It’s not the prettiest of solutions, but hey, whatever works. (Photo via @blakelively)
4. It’s totally okay to go against wedding traditions. When NFL player Mike Evans recently got hitched in Texas, he and his now wife decided to ditch the fancy plated meals for something a little more casual: Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits from Texas fast-food chain Whataburger. The cult favorite food was served with a side of taquitos and oh ya, there was also an epic Harry Potter cake. (Photo via @mikeevans)
5. You’re not the only one who looks half dead after the gym. There is always that one person in your workout class who somehow manages to look even better after than they did before. How is that humanly possible?! If your post-workout look involves a super red face, wet clothes and immobile arms, just know that Emma Roberts is right there with you. (Photo via @emmaroberts)
Which photo really caught your attention on Instagram this week? Tag us in the post and tell us why @BritandCo.