Jules Hough’s Super Simple Makeup Hack + 7 More Celeb DIYs
It was a BIG week as far as celebrations go. There was the Met Gala, Star Wars Day and Cinco de Mayo (did you try our homemade key lime beergaritas? Delish!). Yet, a slew of our fave stars still found plenty of found time to get sh*t done, whether it was making Mother’s Day gifts a la Snooki, painting for charity like new daddy Nick Carter or redecorating their pads like Miley. Better yet, their projects were all in the name of creativity and personal expression — two of our favorite things! Check out our roundup below to see what these famous busy bees were able to come up with. Oh, and Jules Hough? We’re SO trying your makeup hack.
1. Julianne Hough: Jules tried her hand at DIY makeup this week by turning eyeshadow into lipstick over on her site. “This DIY lets you create the shade of your dreams,” she promises.
2. Nick Carter: Nick Carter still takes time out to get his creative juices flowing. Just look at this blackbird painting he put the finishing touches on after auctioning it off to the highest bidder, with a portion of the proceeds going to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. “As my family expands, this mission to help others become closer to my heart,” he explained. Sweetly inspired by his wife Lauren (she played her favorite song “Blackbird” to Nick on the guitar when the two first started dating), Nick says the painting was his first as an artist.
3. Lauren Conrad: Our newest editor, LC (check out her beauty tips for brides this week) also showed you how to make some nautical rope coasters in less than 20 minutes over on her blog, and they just so happen to be super cute. (We know, right? Lauren, having impeccable taste? Get out. *wink emoji*)
4. Nicole “Snooki” LaValle: It looks like creative genes run in the family, or at least in Nicole’s — check out these adorable AF Mother’s Day presents her little tykes Lorenzo and Giovanna made to help her celebrate the big day.
5. Courtney Sixx: Derby day is upon us, and model and blogger Courtney Sixx is DIY-ready as usual, getting a jump on some fun centerpieces with “ribbon, roses and a hot glue gun.”
6. Kristin Cavallari: Lauren’s former The Hills and Laguna Beach castmate also got in on the DIY action this week, showing off her green banana muffins on Insta. Best of all? You can make them too. Find the recipe in her book, Balancing in Heels ($15).
7. Drea de Matteo: Do we have a budding fashion designer on our hands? Drea de Matteo shared this creative shot of what she labeled as “#8yearoldart,” and we’ve gotta say, it isn’t half bad!
8. Miley Cyrus: Ms. Miley did some interior redecorating with these colorful string spheres (perhaps she was inspired by her recent solar system tat?).
Which of these DIYs are you most excited to try? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Jesse Grant/Getty)