Black is a color for all seasons — and we’re not mad about it. But since spring is sprung, it’s time to lighten up a little bit. While the term “khaki” might conjure up images of Jake from State Farm, this warm-weather neutral actually goes way beyond pleat-front dad pants.
Yes, khaki pairs with everything, and designers are finally treating it as a fashion color rather than a boring basic, which means it’s time to get shopping. Below, 10 pieces that you should try subbing in this season.
1. The Moon River Fringe Cotton Cold Shoulder Top ($70) takes khaki to a whole new, flirty place. Perfect for date night or girls’ night or any of the nights.
2. Brunch and weekend errands anyone? Just add a denim jacket and sneakers to this Madewell Khaki Ruffle Hem Miniskirt ($48), and you’ve got yourself a go-to look.
3. Because sunglasses are so much more fun in unexpected colors. Exhibit A: these Sonix Coco Cat Eye Sunglasses ($98).
5. Do your feet need a strand of pearls? Absolutely. Thank you, Nine West Lipstick Open Toe Dress Pumps ($89).
6. Not a trench girl? The Topshop Cropped Funnel Anorak ($300) is a sporty-chic alternative.
7. Move over, slip dresses; make room for the slip skirt. Specifically, this lovely Babaton Woodman Skirt ($245).
8. The Zara Mini Tote Bag ($36) is not your basic tote. With handles that interchange from 3-D floral to snake print to solid, it’s like buying multiple bags. Give it here, now.
9. The new khaki pant is full and cropped — way cooler than its predecessors. These Helmut Lang Wide Leg Cropped Pants ($380) will go seamlessly from work to weekend and back again.
10. The athleisure girl’s version of neutral flats: the Nike Roshe Two SI ($130).
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.