6 Thoughtful Ways to Refresh Your Kitchen
Are you ready to update your kitchen with items that are gentle on your home? If so, then keep reading, because we’ve teamed up with Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® to bring you six tips for a better way to refresh your home. We are loving the new Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® heritage line, which is a part of the Made to Matter campaign with Target. It includes their Baking Soda Cream Cleaner ($4) and Vinegar Gel No-Rinse Cleaner ($4), made with essential oils that smell AMAZING and are highly effective on daily dirt and grime. And guess what? We’ve got a discount code for you to use when you pick up either of these products at Target. Click here for 10% off Baking Soda Cream Cleaner and Vinegar Gel No-Rinse Cleaner through 4/30. Now for the tips!
1. Indoor Plants: After years of study, NASA scientists (directed by Dr. B.C. Wolverton) have found that there are specific indoor plants that actually help remove toxins from the air. Go out and buy yourself a rubber plant or a snake plant, and they’ll do the work of removing toxins while also providing clean air for you and your family to breathe.
2. Eco-Friendly Kitchen Linens: Every extra detail will add to your updated kitchen. Take eco-friendly kitchen linens: A seemingly small addition, but by using linens made from natural products like hemp and bamboo, you are stepping up your natural-kitchen game. (Photo via Getty)
3. Reusable Bento Boxes: Opt for BPA free plastic or stainless steel bento boxes over disposable containers. Aside from reducing waste, it will save space in your bag *and* help with portion control. Win, win, win. (Photo via Getty)
4. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Heritage-Inspired Specialty Cleaners in Lemon Verbena scent ($4): When it comes to cleaners that are gentle on your home, baking soda and vinegar are at the top of our list. With Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Vinegar Gel No-Rinse Cleaner, and Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Baking Soda Cream Cleaner, you can get scrubbing without the chemical odors. The vinegar cleaner has the cleaning power of vinegar without the harsh, stinky smell. It’s great for hard water stains, soap residue and general around-the-home cleaning wherever you want to create some sparkle and shine, like on stainless steel appliances and faucets. The baking soda cleaner polishes all types of surfaces in the kitchen, like pots, pans, induction cook tops, grills and sealed stone. These magical products are also available at Target for 10% off through April 30, so get shopping! (Photo viaMrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®)
5. Citrus in Disposal: For the nasty odor that is wafting from your garbage disposal, pop a used lemon wedge inside and give it a whirl. The lemon will nearly eliminate any nasty smells.
6. Natural Bamboo Cutting Boards: Because bamboo grows super fast, it’s a highly renewable resource — which means it’s a super earth-friendly option when it comes to kitchenware. On your next Target run, skip the plastic cutting mats and pick up a set of bamboo boards instead. (Photo via Getty)
What other upgrades have you made to refresh your kitchen? Share your ideas with us @BritandCo!
This post is in collaboration with Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day®.
Author: Roxy Taghavian