Whether she’s interviewing for a gig or hitting up a spring event, mom-to-be Lauren Conrad seems to always know just what to wear for any given occasion. Now, with festival season gearing up (Coachella is just over two weeks away!), the queen of DIY flower crowns is giving us some tips on how to accessorize with some handmade picks from her online fair trade shop with Hannah Skvarla, The Little Market.
Not only will her finds give you a leg up on the style competition when it comes to all those best-dressed posts (LC and Skvarla provide design insight into each and every handmade piece), but it will also help you do some good — each item sold is made by a female artisan from around the world who can use the income generated through sales to help provide for her family. Check out the designer’s fest-ready selections below!
2. Pom Pom Keychain ($8): Available in more than 20 colors and styles, these colorful keychains will help you spot your keys in a hurry or simply add a pop of color to your bag, with proceeds benefitting women in Mexico.
3. Mexican Serape Blanket ($58): Hand-woven in Mexico, these colorful blankets are perfect for throwing on the lawn when your legs need a break from all that walking or wrapping up in when the sun goes down.
4. IKAT Weekend Bag ($310): This eye-catching weekender bag from Delhi has leather straps, antiqued hardware, and more than enough room to fit everything you’ll need for the day: Dump it all in and go!
5. Twisted Bracelet ($12): Like a friendship bracelet, but cuter, these Guatemalan gems can be stacked with other styles (like this matching Wrap Bracelet [$24]), worn alone, or traded with your closet pals.
6. Juliana Bikini Bag ($40): We (and LC!) love the print of this Mayan huipils-made clutch. Bonus? It has a plastic lining, ensuring your precious belongings will be kept safe and dry even if you’re caught in a downpour at an outdoor fest. There are tons of styles to choose from, so you’re bound to find a color that catches your eye.
7. Tassel Bracelet ($22): Score some fab arm candy, with or without tassels, in the form of these agate and brass bracelets from Penh Lenh in Cambodia. And, at less than $30, you can afford to choose more than one color.
8. Tropical Bucket Bag ($130): So much chicer than a backpack! Made of crocheted raffia and leather, this Mar Y Sol bag from Madagascar has a drawstring closure for easy bag-checking fest access.
9. Desert Hat ($110): The perfect match to your bucket bag, this Mar Y Sol raffia hat will not only up your style game, but keep your skin safe from the sun’s harmful rays when you’re outside all day long. There’s even a cotton sweatband so you don’t get it dirty!
Which piece was your fave? Share with us @BritandCo.
(Photos via Joshua Blanchard/Getty + The Little Market)