Lauren Conrad’s July 4th Pie Looks ALMOST Too Pretty to Eat
The Fourth of July may not be until tomorrow, but celebs like Lauren Conrad are already getting a head start on the red, white and blue festivities — check out the insanely awesome summer pie she made in honor of America’s birthday. Others, like Rachel Zoe, are taking a time out from the stress of everyday life just a few days early with a rad handmade animal masks, while Chris Hemsworth and Hilary Duff are busy marveling at the creativity of those around them. Check out all of their — and their loved ones’ — epic creations this week with our celeb DIY roundup below!
1. Lauren Conrad: Our DIY queen (and Brit + Co guest editor) takes the cake — make that pie —this week for best in baking with this epic (and oh-so-festive!) Fourth-of-July-themed berry pie with star cutouts. Lucky for us, we can recreate her masterpiece (or at least give it our best go), as it’s in her book, Celebrate ($17). Doubly lucky is the fact that LC’s sharing some of her party secrets early, writing, “Let the Fourth of July prep begin! I love making pies to serve at big parties, because they can be made and frozen ahead of time!” Genius!
2. Isla Fisher: Isla just joined Instagram a little over a month ago, and she’s already schooling us on some seriously colorful cake creations, especially in honor of Pride. “I cooked a cake for some gay men with small hands this weekend,” she jokes, adding, “#gaypride.”
3. Tiffani Thiessen: Tiffani Thiessen is teaching daughter Harper the importance of a nutritious and organic meal, plucking fresh cherry tomatoes from her garden. “Summer harvest with Harper,” she wrote, along with the hashtags “#feedthefamily” and “#homegrown.”
4. Chris Hemsworth: Daddy Chris Hemsworth shares this masterpiece of an art piece with a pretty wild background. “My daughter painted this and said ‘It’s you dad. Last night you were a girl and the dinosaurs were alive and that’s you holding your toy. And then the dinosaurs died and you turned into a boy in my dream last night.’ #epic #amazing. #kidsrule.” Whoa. That’s some dream, indeed!
5. Katie Holmes: If there was any ever doubt that Ms. Katie Holmes has some serious painting chops, one only needs to check out this stellar creation she posted this week. With a fan commenting that Katie had been in his shop earlier in the week to pick up some art supplies, we’d say she put them to *mighty* good use.
6. Rachel Zoe: Mommy Rachel Zoe knows the best way to relax is with some therapeutic (kid-friendly!) DIY-ing, as she’s proving with this epic post of what appears to be matching homemade dinosaur masks. “Sometimes when you have a hard day at work, you need to come home and do this,” she wrote. Hear, hear!
7. Joelle Fletcher: The Bachelorette showed off this doodle-filled masterpiece, and echoed its sweet sentiments in her post. Hmmm. Could this be meant for a special (soon-to-be-chosen) someone, Jojo? And might we have a hint?
8. Hilary Duff: Hilary Duff couldn’t help but take to Instagram to show off this masterpiece her friend created in her honor, writing, “This is what happens when you have cool friends like @cassady_benson, they make sketches for you!” We’d definitely hang that in our living room!
Which celeb DIY are you most impressed by? Tell us over @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)