For once, we’re NOT trying to convince you to jump onboard whatever ugly-pretty shoe craze everyone’s trying to make great again. We are, however, pretty pumped for the latest lazy girl-approved trend to hit the scene. Embellished and embroidered slippers are on the verge of being on every influencer’s hit list, and for good reason. Besides their whole slip-on-and-go appeal (hello, frayed hem skinnies and an easy-breezy silk kimono), they can be styled around the clock like it’s NBD. In other words, they’d be an indispensable addition to your It-girl wardrobe when you just can’t even be bothered with sky-high heels.
1. ASOS Musical Embroidered Flat Shoes ($49): Bleak, wintry days don’t stand a chance when these garden party-esque slippers are in the equation. Your Sunday best (think: a pleated midi skirt and a silk bow-neck blouse) will be required for a weekend brunch on the UES.
2. Raye x Revolve Kate Embroidered Slide ($190): Leave the dreaded work week behind by sliding into Monday (get it?) with these embroidered lace-up flats that call for a romantic rendezvous. Dial ‘em down with cuffed boyfriend jeans or play up the voom factor with a neck-plunging maxi.
3. River Island Black Embroidered Floral Backless Loafers ($60): What Gucci mules? Not only do these designer lookalikes cost a fraction of the price, but boy do they bring the swagger. Between the gold-tone hardware, the intricate floral embroidery and faux leather crocodile exterior, it’s safe to say you’ll look (and feel) like a bona fide street MVP.
4. Charles & Keith Embroidered Slip-Ons ($39): While you may not be ready to bare your toesies to the elements just yet, the onset of spring (or a well-timed stint in paradise — whichever comes first) will be here before you know it. Style these bird embroidered slip-ons with a saucy cold-shoulder midi dress or a pajama-style blouse and cropped denim flares.
5. YOOX Rosamunda Moccasins ($131): Everyday suede moccasins — you’ve been replaced. Team these vampy steppers alongside a swishy accordion pleat skirt, a teddy bear coat and a metallic pink crossbody bag for every Instababe’s approval.
6. Steve Madden Snapp Mules ($80): These luxe velvet mules featuring floral embroidery *should* be a no-brainer. Pair alongside your finest flea market flares and a statement tee for a look that slays on and off the clock.
7. Tory Burch Embroidered Suede Smoking Slipper ($295): Menswear-inspired with an ultra-femme twist is just the way we like it around here. These modern-day smoking slippers flaunt a floral embroidery that’s anything but shabby-chic. Try rolled-up chinos by day and a sultry silk slip dress by night.
8. Steve Madden Garden Flatform Sneakers ($90): Get your athleisure on with these flatform sneakers that target sporty girls and downtown babes alike. The lovely blossom motif is just an added bonus. Round out your look with leather leggings and a laid-back pullover for a ceaselessly chic getup that requires ZERO effort.
9. Jeffrey Campbell x Free People Crown Jewels Loafer ($188): What? These are everything. You best believe these majestic jeweled loafers are worthy of a queen (or a woman who can’t be bothered to don five-inch stilettos).
Will you be incorporating a pair of embellished slippers into your lazy-girl capsule wardrobe this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming trends!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.