Bust out the colorful sunnies and SPF — it’s summer, people! Beach bummin’, hammock chillin’ and laid-back barbecues are all on the agenda, and seizing the day in style is non-negotiable. Sartorial standards aside, you need a wardrobe that can live up to your lazy girl style sensibilities (ain’t nobody got time for fussy laces and mind-boggling straps) — and that means embracing one-and-done pieces and easy-breezy silhouettes that are all about kickin’ back and keepin’ it real. From toss-on-and-go summer t-shirts to slip dresses and slides, we have all your bases covered with this list of effortless style essentials that will keep your style on lock and your stress levels low all season long (they’re that good).
1. Mango Ruffled Jumpsuit ($80): Okay, there is a little tying involved, but girl, it’s worth it. This striped number packs major wear-anywhere potential with its effortless silhouette and ruffled detailing, make it a shoo-in for seaside escapes and staycations exploring your favorite city spots.
2. Nanette Lepore Stargazer One-Piece ($148): Because a bikini is just one piece too many, go ahead and embrace the one-piece swimsuit trend this summer, starting with this tile print stunner. Slip it under high-waisted shorts or an easy-breezy maxi skirt for a beach-to-street look that will become your signature move all season long.
3. Nasty Gal Blush With Fate Fringe Backpack ($68): Let’s just say your summer is shaping up to be a pretty photogenic affair, which means you’re going to need those digits at the ready to snap photos of every moment. This blush beauty is selfie-friendly, letting you go hands-free, and will keep your everyday essentials looking fly until Labor Day and beyond. What’s not to love?
4. Ecote V-Neck Strappy-Back High/Low Dress ($69): Whether you’re beach bummin’ or sipping Bloody Marys on the veranda, this floral frock will do you right every time. Dress it up after a lazy day in the sand with embellished block heels, a messy topknot and dainty layered necklaces.
5. Anne Thomas La Piscine Slide in Calf White ($270): Laces, clasps, bulky buckles — strappy sandals are just way too much effort for your lazy-girl ways… until now. Bold minimalist straps with a cushy rubber sole and requiring nothing more than a two-second slide-on maneuver deliver Insta-worthy style to any #OOTD. Mimic the no-frills aesthetic throughout the rest of your outfit with a sleek leather backpack and metallic cuff.
6. & Other Stories Multiple Slits Skirt ($95): Punching up your everyday attire doesn’t have to involve curating the ultimate lineup of coordinating accessories (especially pre-coffee); this graphic midi skirt will certainly do the trick. The swishy panels and peek-a-boo slits create the ideal blend of sophisticated and sassy, making it perfect for your desk-to-drinks routine. Pair it with vibrant orange or coral add-ons for an extra colorful kick.
7. Elizabeth and James Cynnie Leather Belt Bag ($265): You’ve been down with the idea of belt bags since the beginning — who doesn’t love the convenience of a hands-free silhouette? That said, it’s all about finding the right one, and this streamlined number is it. Whether you toss it over a boho maxi dress or a sleek tuxedo-inspired jumpsuit, it’ll elevate any look with a quick snap and click.
8. Re/Done The High Rise Short ($177): Your summer uniform goes a little something like this: effortless tee, slip-on sandals, messy topknot and denim shorts, of course. This distressed pair boasts built-in It-girl appeal, one-of-a-kind styling and, made with vintage Levi’s, sustainability. #nailedit
9. Être Cécile Striped T-Shirt ($100): The perfect t-shirt: It’s practically the holy grail of summer dressing, and the key to endless outfits that can be styled on the fly. While a plain white tee is classic, there’s just something about stripes that gets us every time. Embrace your inner French girl by styling this Parisian-chic top alongside a pleated midi skirt, white slip-on sneakers and crossbar sunglasses.
10. Zara Dress With Frill at the Back ($50): Fussy? So not your style. Effortless with a side of wow factor? Now we’re talking. Proof that getting gussied up doesn’t have to mean donning stuffy threads, this sunny yellow frock can be styled stat with drop earrings and embellished slides for a haute look that delivers every time.
11. ASOS Pom Pom Cardigan ($89): Too lazy to accessorize? This cardi does it all for you. Consider it your new companion for beach bonfires and laid-back summer nights.
12. Vince “Preston” Slip-On Sneaker ($295): Laces? We’ll pass. Slip into something a little more comfortable this season without compromising those haute standards with the help of these woven steppers. Team ’em with suiting separates for an athleisure edge or denim shortalls and a mock neck top for an off-duty look that feels anything but average.
13. Rebecca Minkoff Isobel Phone Crossbody ($145): When you’re boppin’ around town, you definitely don’t want to be lugging a larger-than-life tote. This punchy pink number has room for the essentials — your phone and cards — but won’t cramp your style. Say sayonara to the days of dancing around a mound of bags and scoping out the perfect hiding spot for your everyday staples at your favorite after-hours hot spot.
14. H&M Long Vest ($50): If you’re dying to wear your latest crop of warm-weather duds to the office, listen up. Your Sunday not-so-best and most scandalous summer pieces won’t make it past HR’s watchful eye — unless you have this tailored jacket on hand, that is. By throwing this work-week staple into the mix, you can make even your most inappropriate pieces feel girlboss approved.
15. Ilana Kohn Eibel Dress ($265): No summer capsule wardrobe is complete without a throw-on-and-go shirt dress that doubles for work or play. When you’re not wearing it for picnics in the park and Saturday morning flea markets, take it for a spin on the job with a metallic belt and peep-toe booties that add instant polish.
16. Silence + Noise Stays on Tour Satin Bomber Jacket ($159): Babe alert! This floral bomber is major #goals. Sorry, denim jackets — this is the topper we’ll be reaching for all summer long. While it’s a natural match for jeans and basic tees, it also creates a straight-up fashion darling effect when worn over feminine dresses and tailored separates.
17. Free People Totally Tubular Muscle Tank ($58): You know your favorite tee — the one you just can’t live without? We’ve found its warm-weather equivalent in this relaxed-fit muscle tank. Toss it over your bathing suit while you’re catching waves or wear it with white denim, rose gold steppers and a suede jacket for your next glamping adventure.
18. Monki Flower Jacquard Short ($41): Forget the closet shuffle. Co-ords simplify the mixing and matching game like whoa, so you can focus on planning the ideal day off — there will be gelato involved. Give this decidedly ’70s duo a right-now kick with metallic Birks and futuristic sunnies. Groovy.
19. Etnia Barcelona Verdi Mirror Lenses ($325): Don’t even think about leaving home without a pair of shades. Bright colors and statement-making design are cool and all, but they also require coordination — and what lazy girl has time for that? A good pair of tortoiseshell sunnies will always do you right, whether you’re rockin’ a free-wheelin’ crochet dress or culottes and an architectural top.
20. Reformation Sama Jumpsuit ($178): This no-effort romper has us dreaming of sipping rosé on the shores of the Côte d’Azur. The clean lines, apron neckline and bow detail feel perfectly put together (no need to lift a finger), and are practically begging to be paired with cat eye sunglasses and bright ankle-strap sandals.
21. Zara Printed Loose-Fit Trousers ($50): Go with the flow in comfy wide leg trousers that can be worn at the office or on the weekend. Double up on prints and pair with bright red lips for maximum impact, or tone down the look-at-me style with a vintage tee and bomber jacket for a look that reads off-the-clock cool.
22. & Other Stories Embellished Slippers ($125): LBDs and pumps — they’re a classic pairing, but who says they’re the only route to polished? Flip the script on after-hours attire by taking to the streets in these glam, glitzy slides and a printed slip dress. Supreme style and happy feet? Sign us up, please.
23. Free People Maria Lace Up ($108): It may be too hot to rock a long-sleeve sweatshirt, but that doesn’t mean you can’t indulge your inner cozy girl. On days when you just can’t even, pop on this pullover with silky shorts and make a beeline for the hammock for a serious hang sesh.
24. Zara Studio Knot Shirt ($50): A tee you can take to the office? Yes, please! Toss it on with high-waisted trousers or pencil skirts to strike just the right balance of polished and laid back (and keep HR at bay).
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.