Sorry, we couldn't find anything 😔
Looking for sweet cookie recipes,
the latest fashion trends and inspo,
or a way to up your calligraphy game?
We'll help you find something amazing ✨
Intro To Weaving
In this class, you'll learn three essential techniques to create a woven wall hanging. This includes learning basic weaving, roving and creating fringe. Plus, you'll be learning from one of the best. Your instructor is acclaimed fiber artist Meghan Shimek, after all.
If you're a beginner, Meghan's class will make it super easy to start weaving. She's even provided extra instruction that you can reference from your class workbook. You'll also learn a few of her pro tricks to make your weaving projects SO much easier.
AFTER TAKING THIS CLASS, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Warp your cardboard loom to get your weaving project setup exactly how you want it.
- Use the basic over-under motion of classic weaving to build out your design.
- Use fringe and wool roving (the fluffy yarn!) to add in extra textures and colors.
- Finish your project, take it off the loom, and turn it into a wall hanging.
It’s time to FINALLY learn how to weave. Plus, Meghan says she has yet to have a student walk away from her class not knowing how. So let’s get started: Enroll in our Intro To Weaving online class today!
All you need to take this course are a few class supplies and the 8-page class workbook prepared by Meghan.
SUPPLIES NEEDED TO TAKE THE CLASS
- Warp Yarn
- Tapestry Needle
- Copper Dowel
THE CLASS WORKBOOK INCLUDES
- A List of Supplies
- Warping The Loom Instructions
- Twining Instructions
- Plain Weave Instructions
- Rya Into Fringe Instructions
- Roving Instructions
- Completing Your Project Instructions