14 Clever Recipes to Use Leftover Egg Whites
If you do any amount of baking, it’s only natural that you’ll end up with a few extra egg whites on hand now and again. While we’re big fans of putting them to use in gorgeous pavlovas, heavenly angel food cakes, to-die-for macarons and crisp meringue, those are just four of the many terrific ways out there to use them up. Enjoy this collection of 14 clever egg white recipes.
3. Pistachio-Raspberry Pavlova Roll: If you combined meringue and sponge cake into one terrific desert, you’d get this gorgeous pistachio-studded roll cake. Filled with whipped cream and raspberries, a quick dusting of powdered sugar over the top is the only adornment it needs. (via The Kiwi Cook)
4. Homemade Marshmallow Creme: Spread this ethereal, homemade creme atop a slice of bread topped with peanut butter for the ultimate Fluffernutter, or use it in any number of recipes that call for the store-bought stuff. (via Krissy’s Creations)
6. Caramel Crunch Cake: Meringue layers make this heavenly whipped cream and caramel cake ever so slightly more virtuous… at least that’s what we’ll keep telling ourselves. (via Getting My Just Desserts)
7. Healthy Banana Cake With Peanut Butter Frosting (Gluten-Free): Greek yogurt and egg whites are just two of the healthy hacks employed to make this delicious cake. If you enjoy eating bananas along with a spoonful of peanut butter, this one’s for you.
10. Homemade Chicken Stock: There are a few tricks to making golden, clear chicken broth, and one of them is clarifying the finished product. A couple egg whites (plus their shells and a splash of water) along with a little faith is all you need. (via A Sage Amalgam)
11. Mighty Mug Cake (Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free): You’re only a few minutes away from enjoying a terrifically chocolatey, made-in-the-microwave cake. Even better, it makes a single serving, so it’s all yours to savor. (via Peachy Palate)
12. Fernet-Champagne Flip: Egg white gives an incredible creamy, airy feel to this already effervescent cocktail featuring a splash of citrus, warm ginger and pleasantly bitter flavors. (via 10th Kitchen)
14. Puffed Cheddar Cheese Twists: Egg whites bind these flaky, sharp cheddar cheese twists just so. Pair them with tomato soup, nibble on them one after the other or even invite them to your next party. (via Fifteen Spatulas)
How do use up a surplus of egg whites? Share your tricks with us in the comments!