14 Ways to Turn Last Night’s Grilled Meat into Today’s Lunch
Now that it’s mid-summer, we’re all in the habit of grilling everything. Needless to say, sometimes we get a little too “BBQ-happy” and cook far more chicken or steak than we actually need. So, what are we supposed to do with all of those leftovers? Make tomorrow’s lunch, obviously! After you peruse these 14 recipes, you’ll be grillin’ extra meat on purpose.
2. Italian Grilled Chicken Bruschetta Sandwich: Toasted ciabatta bread, freshly made bruschetta mix, and tangy balsamic vinegar were MADE to team up with that extra grilled chicken breast from last night. (via Jessica Gavin)
3. Korean Steak Sandwich With Jalapeño and Garlic Mayo: Sweet, spice, and everything nice make up this toasted sandwich loaded with Korean BBQ-style steak, punchy jalapeños, and a creamy garlic aioli. (via Kitchen Sanctuary)
5. Spicy Low-Carb Steak Lettuce Wraps: You certainly don’t need bread to enjoy meat-y leftovers, and this recipe proves it by stuffing crisp lettuce leaves with perfectly grilled steak and sautéed veggies. (via Stay Snatched)
7. Rustic Ribeye on Ciabatta: The tantalizing Tuscan-style sandwich brings medium-rare steak to ciabatta bread with caramelized onions, leafy greens, gooey Muenster cheese, and an herbaceous pesto lime aioli for lunchtime perfection. (via Culinary Envy)
8. Hot Buffalo Chicken and Bacon Grilled Cheese: Adding bacon to grilled cheese is heavenly, but when you add Buffalo sauce-slathered grilled chicken on top of that, it’s out of this world. (via Smorgaseats)
9. Chicken Collard Wraps With Spicy White Bean Hummus: With a healthy smear of white bean hummus, these mighty collard wraps are a fab and fit way to use up leftover grilled chicken. (via Rhubarb and Cod)
10. Grilled Chicken Sandwiches With Peppered Bacon and Lemon Aioli: This mega ‘wich is what dreams are made of with it’s juicy grilled chicken, peppery bacon, leafy greens, melty mozza, and tangy lemon aioli. (via Yes to Yolks)
11. Vienna Lager Marinated Grilled Steak Sandwich: Beer-marinated steak is grand — but beer-marinated steak piled into a crusty bun with green onions, fresh herbs, and seasoning is even better. (via Craft Beering)
12. Grilled Pesto Chicken Sandwiches: This pesto-slathered grilled chicken sandwich won’t weigh you down. Top it with juicy tomatoes and fresh mozzarella for the ultimate lunch munch. (via Yummalicious)
13. Grilled Mango Chicken Cauliflower Rice Wrap: This filling wrap swaps rice for tender grated cauliflower and is stuffed with leftover grilled chicken and some grilled mango. (via Food Faith Fitness)
14. Grilled Jerk Chicken Sandwich: Leftover grilled jerk chicken is the perfect way to kick your sandwich up a few notches; top it with some creamy avocado and red onions, and you’re set! (via Spiced)
Follow us on Pinterest for more clever ways to use leftovers!