Unless you’ve been living in that ol’ proverbial cave for the last 10 years, you’re aware that Thai food has become extremely popularized in America. It all started with that easy-to-gobble pad thai. Noms. What draws us in, besides the amazing flavors, is undoubtedly the aromatics from the coconut milk, the fiery chilis, and the ever-so-fragrant lemongrass. The tropical plant is most commonly used to bring subtle citrus flavor to noodle soups, teas, and curries — but the options are endless! If you can’t get enough of that bright and refreshing herb, we’ve got 15 recipes that will brighten your day and your tastebuds.
1. Spicy Lemongrass-Infused Ginger Coconut Soup With Crispy Tofu: Loaded with tofu and veggies, this bowl of goodness brings lemongrass, ginger, and coconut to your spoon in the BEST way. (via My Vibrant Kitchen)
2. Seared Scallops With Coconut Lemongrass Sauce: Bathed in a brightly flavored sauce, these perfectly seared scallops have a crusty exterior while maintaining a creamy interior. Top them off with fresh basil and lime zest, and serve atop a bed of fluffy rice. (via Feasting at Home)
3. Slow Cooker Tri Tip Dip Banh Mi: Tender tri tip roast gets soaked in gingery and lemony flavors for a Banh Mi that will blow your mind. This recipe can feed up to 10 people, so invite your besties over for a feast they won’t forget. (via What Do You Crave?)
4. Lemongrass Steak Noodle Bowls: Say hello to your new go-to weeknight dinner! These hearty bowls are filled with rice noodles, crisp veggies, aromatic lemongrass, and curry-smeared steak that is tender AF. (via The Girl on Bloor)
5. Lemongrass Coconut Milk-Poached Cod With Nai Bai: This Thai-inspired dish is on point. Tender and flaky cod is poached in silky coconut milk that has been infused with lemongrass; even the biggest fish skeptics will want to dig into this one. (via Delishar)
6. Vietnamese Chicken Roast: Toss your usual dried rosemary and thyme aside. With crushed lemongrass, ginger, orange, and spicy chili, this recipe will turn your boring ol’ chicken night into something worth being *excited* about! (via A Saucy Kitchen)
7. Thai Green Curry With Chicken: We can’t talk about lemongrass without talking about Thai green curry. Spooned over a mound of rice, this fiery and velvety curry is oh-so-addicting and hella satisfying. (via Purple Cinnamon)
8. Ginger Lemongrass Pork Lettuce Wraps: Looking for a light yet satisfying dinner? Look no further. These lettuce wraps are stuffed with ginger and lemongrass pork, then topped with crispy fried shallots and a nuoc cham sauce that is out of this WORLD. (via Snixy Kitchen)
9. Fresh Tomato Sauce: It’s not every day you see lemongrass incorporated into a tomato sauce, but we’re diggin’ it. To add to that, coriander replaces the usual parsley and basil in this refreshing twist on an Italian classic. (via Cast Iron Cookie)
11. Grilled Flank Steak With Thai-Style Chimichurri: This recipe puts a Thai spin on an Argentinian classic and it’s AH-mazing. In less than 30 minutes, you can be tearing into a steak slathered with a tangy, spicy, and lemony chimichurri for dinner. (via Healthy World Cuisine)
12. 30-Minute Shortcut Mohinga: This quick and easy version of Burmese fish soup is kind of a big deal, friends. Slurp-worthy vermicelli noodles swim in an aromatic broth of dashi, garlic, and lemongrass to make for a perfectly substantial dinner. (via Lime and Cilantro)
13. Creamy Sriracha Shrimp Poke Bowls: Can’t get enough of those trendy poke bowls? Neither can we, which is why we’re swooning over these. With lemongrass corn, creamy avocado, and crunchy wonton strips, these shrimp bowls have us sighing the dreamiest of sighs. (via The Girl on Bloor)
14. Lemongrass Chicken: This weeknight wonder takes a measly 20 minutes to cook — we can’t believe it either. Marinate the chicken in lemony coconut-y goodness overnight and make those eager little tastebuds dance. (via My Kitchen Love)
15. Hot or Cold Thai Carrot Coconut Lemongrass Soup: With creamy coconut, refreshing lemongrass, and nourishing carrots, this wholesome dinner is the perfect way to reset after a long day. (via The Full Helping)
For more mouth-watering dinner inspo, follow us on Pinterest.