Poolside chillin’ with your summer playlist blaring and a cup of a big-batch cocktail is what summer is all about. But no matter how thirsty you are for those Mules, putting some food in your belly is *super* important. Since carb-heavy snacks tend to weigh us down, opt for lightened-up low-carb snacks that will fuel us for a good and solid swim. These 16 finger foods are crispy, flavorful, and will give you the energy you need.
1. Crispy Green Beans With Garlic Dipping Sauce: If you love fried treats but don’t love the calories that usually come with them, these lightly salted roasted green beans with dip are the perfect solution. (via Apple of My Eye)
2. Cucumber Hummus Bites: You can easily nourish and refresh yourself with these crunchy cucumber bites. They’re smothered with hummus and topped with tomatoes, briny olives, and hemp seeds. (via Emilie Eats)
3. Roasted Carrot Spread With Toasted Pistachios and Tarragon: Get a healthy dose of carrots with this fabulous easy-to-make spread! Slather it over crackers and top them with tangy goat cheese, pistachios, and fresh tarragon. (via The Every Kitchen)
4. Vegan Cheese and Tempeh Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms: If you love cheesy stuffed mushrooms, you can still indulge without the dairy and greasy meats thanks to these lightened-up caps stuffed with vegan cheese and crumbled tempeh. (via Kiip Fit)
5. Easy Caprese Salad Bites: Bring the fresh and herbaceous vibe of the classic Caprese salad to one single bite with skewered grape tomatoes, mozzarella balls, fresh basil, and a balsamic drizzle. (via Tastefulventure)
6. Homemade White Bean Hummus With Za’atar and Sweet Paprika: With a blend of white beans, chickpeas, creamy tahini, and ground cumin, this homespun recipe will have you skipping the store-bought stuff for the rest of your life. (via Coffee and Crayons)
7. Asparagus and Gorgonzola Puff Pastry Squares: These light and flaky pastries decked out with asparagus and crumbled gorgonzola might *look* fancy, but they only take 30 minutes from start to finish. (via The Cheerful Kitchen)
8. Baked Parmesan-Crusted Cauliflower Bites With Chipotle Aioli: If you thought breaded goodies with dip were strictly for cheat day, then these Parm-crusted chunks of cauliflower dunked in a tangy dip will make your afternoon. (via Wry Toast)
9. Garlic Parmesan Oil-Free Air Fryer Chips: Everyone loves munchin’ on chips when chillin’ poolside; now imagine snacking on garlicky chips that are guilt-free and air-fried. (via The Crunchy Chronicles)
10. California Roll Low-Carb Sushi Stacks: When those sushi cravings strike this summer, opt for these low-carb sushi stacks that bring the California roll to a toothpick for one heavenly bite after another. (via It’s Cheat Day Everyday)
11. Caesar Salad Spring Rolls With Miso Caesar Dressing: This nom-worthy recipe takes Caesar salad to a *whole* new level of awesome with these refreshing and addicting spring rolls. (via The Seasoned Vegetable)
12. Crispy Chickpea Snacks: Get your fill of protein while snacking on healthy chickpeas. Roast them to a crisp and toss them in your choice of Moroccan or fiery spices — or both! (via Her Heart Is Vegan)
15. Fresh Veggie Zucchini Roll-Ups: Veggies don’t have to be boring, and this appetizer proves it by rolling an assortment of colorful raw veggies in cream cheese-coated zucchini ribbons. (via Flavour and Savour)
16. Edamame Rice Cracker Bites: This easy peasy recipe doesn’t call for much, but with rice crackers, cashew sauce, edamame, peppery radishes, and cilantro, you get a *ton* of flavor. (via The True Spoon)
For more light + healthy snacking, follow us on Pinterest!