This Chickpea Flour Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe Are the Perfect Way to Start Your Morning
Today we’re taking pancakes to the next level. Pancakes are the ultimate comfort food, and what makes this recipe fantastic is the fact that we’re flavoring them with pumpkin. Not only do they taste like cinnamon-y pumpkin-y goodness, but they’re made with healthy chickpea flour (which Pinterest reports is up by 30%!). Some of you might be going whaaaaa?! But this lovely legume can be used in more ways than we ever thought possible (like aquafaba, for example). Well, we’re still very much on board with the healthy substitution trend to make our favorites a *little* bit better for us (leaving room for drowning these babies in maple syrup!). After all, that’s what life is all about, amirite? Read on to see how it’s done.
makes 8-10 pancakes
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, almond milk and vanilla extract, and mix well.
2. In a small bowl, mix chickpea flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. If the batter seems a little thick, add one tablespoon of almond milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
4. Spray pan or griddle and set to medium heat.
5. Pour 1/4 cup batter into heated pan or griddle and cook until bubbles start to form on the surface and edges are golden brown.
6. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Best served with granola and maple syrup.
Add pumpkin puree, almond milk and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl.
Mix chickpea flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
Add dry ingredients to the large mixing bowl.
Mix well until everything is combined. If the batter seems a little thick, add one tablespoon of almond milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Spray pan and set stovetop on medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan and cook until bubbles start to form on the top and edges are golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
Top with warm almond butter, maple syrup and granola for an all-out indulgence.
I’ll take this stack of pancakes every morning.
Treat yo’self with this fall spin on a breakfast classic.
Is this not the most perfect breakfast you’ve ever laid your eyes on?!
What other healthy chickpea flour recipes will you make? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!