7 DIY Projects to Hack Serena and Lily’s New Summer Collection
When it comes to securing stylish digs for your backyard, the latest Serena & Lily summer collection is full of luxe accessories and comfy outdoor entertaining/lounging items that are perfect for a season of picnics + barbecues. Inspired by the lazy days of summer, the collection has all those salty, lived-in and sun-bleached feels you love about summer, and the nautical accents will give you the illusion that you’re on vacation right in your own outdoor space. The only problem is the cost of those stylish new outdoor pieces really adds up when you want to deck out your deck — Oof! Instead of giving up your outdoor decor dreams, just let the collection inspire the DIY maven in you. Before you know it, your backyard, porch and patio will be summer-ready with these seven Serena & Lily decor hacks, sans that pesky price tag. Scroll down for a few of our favorite pieces from the collection, along with hacks for each and every one.
1. DIY Easy Color Block Throw Pillows: If you’re a lover of the bright and bold, you’ll love these color-blocked throw pillows. Copy the vibrant colors of Serena & Lily’s Maritime Outdoor Pillow Cover ($68) to really amp up the color scheme on your patio. (via Plaster & Disaster)
2. DIY Hammock Chair: Hot summer days are meant to be spent lounging in a comfy chair, which is why you need to hack Serena & Lily’s Sling Chair ($395) ASAP. If you don’t have the space for an entire seating area, this hanging hammock chair is the perfect solution for an apartment or porch makeover. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Folding Camp Stool: You can’t go wrong having a multipurpose piece like Serena & Lily’s Camp Stool ($295) on your patio. Use it one evening as a tray table for cocktails and and as extra seating the next. The best part about DIY-ing this camp stool (besides the price, of course) is that you can pick out your own colorful fabric. (via How About Orange)
4. DIY Painted Table Runner: Bring some bright summer colors to the table with this DIY table runner inspired by Serena & Lily’s Raffia Runner ($68). Channel your bold approach to decor with a colorful palette and a DIY that takes you only a few minutes to finish. Boom — your table setting just got way more Instagrammable. (via Brit + Co)
5. DIY Striped Towel: Nothing says “summer” like a good blue and white stripe. Get your nautical on and hack Serena & Lily’s Fouta Beach Towel ($48) with nothing more than a white towel and a can of blue paint. (via Studio DIY)
6. DIY Woven Placemat: Serena & Lily’s Round Raffia Placemats ($38) are elegant, but the DIY woven version will add an eye-catching element to your fab tablescape. Your #flatlay snaps just got way more stylish. (via Brit + Co)
7. DIY Handstamped Placemats: Placemats often get overshadowed by rad silverware and adorable place settings, but you also can’t dress a pretty table without them. Rising temps mean you have lots of outdoor parties to plan, so hack Serena & Lily’s Cabo Woven Placemats ($48) with this easy stamping technique. (via Brit + Co)
Are you ready to get your outdoor space in tip-top entertaining shape? Follow us on Pinterest for more home decor inspo and DIY projects.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.