9 Ways to Become a Morning Person
We’ve all seen the inspirational quotes on Pinterest that totally make us believe we can go for a run, make a healthy breakfast and send out a gazillion emails all before 9am. Then the alarm goes off at 5am, and the snooze button just feels so right. We’re here to say all of your pinning efforts don’t have to go waste. It’s possible to become a morning person with a few very doable changes to your daily routine.
1. Breathe Your Way to Sleep: Dr. Andrew Weil makes a case for this method with a four-seven-eight breathing trick that will have you asleep in minutes. Breathe through your nose for four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds and finally exhale for eight seconds, and say goodbye to counting sheep. (via Byrdie)
2. Try Overnight Oats: A trick to becoming a breakfast person is planning for it ahead of time. Overnight oats are like a magic trick that benefits your morning routine and allows you to enjoy the flavors you love. (via Crème de la Crumb)
3. Get More Sun: Take a walk during lunch time to soak up the rays or plan to spend time outside over the weekend. According to NPR, it’s possible to reset your internal clock just by exposing yourself to more natural light.
4. Create Anticipation: Remember how you jumped out of bed when there was a snow day? Think of something to look forward to every day, like these delicious blueberry scones, and use it as your motivation to avoid the snooze button. (via Bakers Royale)
5. Invest in a Good Mattress: Not only will this make Sunday Netflix binges that much better, but when you’re not tossing and turning all night, you’ll wake up more refreshed and ready to take on the day.
6. Work Out Before Breakfast: According to Burr Leonard, the founder of The Bar Method, exercising before breakfast burns more fat and calories.
8. Don’t Slack on the Weekend: If you go back to sleeping late on the weekend, every Monday is going to be a brutal wake-up. Stay focused on the weekend and start attacking that to-do list. (via Anthropologie)
Are you going to be a morning person in 2015? Let us know in the comments!