While it can be incredibly difficult to delete the 156th sale notification email of the day from your inbox, scooping up a gift from an independent store will provide all the warm gift-giving fuzzies you need this holiday season and beyond. On top of that, you’ll have unique gifts that will seriously up your gifting game. We’ve rounded up 18 makers, including a few from the B + C Shop, that are sure to inspire ideas for everyone on your list.
5. Isobell Designs: Bay-area designer Melody Shirazi makes modern, minimal pieces with an art deco twist. Gift the Paso Necklace ($46) to your favorite jewelry lover — it’ll make a unique addition to their collection.
7. Eythink: It’s impossible to narrow down our favorites from this store — everything is SO GOOD. Go ahead and add some goodies to the cart for yourself — perhaps a Big F Little F Feminist Crop Top ($28)?
8. Scout and Catalogue: These gorgeous, one-of-a-kind goods have a bohemian, beachy vibe your gal pal can rock all year long. The Tonala Media Clutch ($128) was inspired by a community of makers in Guadalajara, Mexico.
9. Mignon and Mignon: Add a little personalization to your shopping. This designer has so many customizable options — like this Dainty Personalized Necklace ($17+) — that you’ll be able to find something for every one of your lady friends.
10. POCOINU: Here is your one-stop shop for New Year’s Eve accessories. You won’t be digging around in your purse for very long to find this snazzy Rainbow Glitter Wallet ($25). Go ahead and scoop one up for every member of your girl gang.
11. Chivas Skin Care: The mother-daughter team behind this skincare line teamed up with Lionsgate to produce this OITNB Cucumber Mint Soap ($12), inspired by our favorite Netflix prison drama. Grab a whole set ($48) for the OITNB fanatic in your life.
14. Bon Lux: With packaging this pretty, you and your friends will probably run out of ways to repurpose the canisters! Try a Soy Wax Candle ($21), part of the #makeforgood collection, from which 25% of sales are donated to women’s charities.
15. Filly Dog Co.: Yes, artisanal dog products are a thing. Pamper your pup with a playful pattern that they can wear all year long, like this Wave Leather Collar ($42) in a classy black-and-white scheme.
16. Sea and Asters: All of the home decor nuts on your list will flip over this Geometric Succulent Cactus Planter ($22). Throw in a colorful cactus or lush succulent for a personalized gift they can enjoy 24/7.
17. Herbivore Botanicals: This cruelty-free shop boasts some seriously indulgent goods that you and your ladies can use for those upcoming girls’ nights in. Try the Detox Dead Sea Soaking Salts ($18) — just remember to share!
Loving these handmade gifts? Follow us on Pinterest for more gifting inspiration.