Making Brit + Co SF, Part 2: Creating the Coziest Holiday Lounge Ever
And for our next recap of our first ever holiday Brit + Co SF shop, we turn to the cozy, the comfy, the downright lounge-y lounge that made our shop such a warm place to spend time in. We teamed up with Target to deck out the lounge with holiday cheer, and we can’t wait to lounge it up again next year!
Here are some of the goodies we stocked up on — be sure to bookmark this post for holiday-ing up your space in December 2014. It’s always good to plan ahead ;)
1. Pre-Lit Douglas Fir Christmas Tree ($214): Clearly, the first thing we needed to set the scene was a Christmas tree. And we actually got… three of them! One for our photo booth, one for our lounge, and one for the Brit HQ conference room. Any bets on how long it takes us to take ’em down? ;)
2. Red + Gold 50-Piece Ornament Set ($15): Next up, time to trim the tree. Target’s classic selection of ornaments made for a great base layer on our tree. Of course, we couldn’t resist adding a few of our own 3D-printed ornaments into the mix.
Snow GlobesCar with Christmas Tree Snow Globe or the Wood Base House Snow Globe. We love the classic Christmas vibe of the house, but the hilarity of seeing cars with trees on them during the first week of December makes us feel warm and fuzzy.
4. Wood and Brass Bar Cart ($130): Now, onto the bar cart. We filled our car with snacks, candy canes, and marshmallows to put in our hot cocoa.
5. Nate Berkus Arrowhead Rug ($150): You know what they say about a rug really tying the room together… dude ;)
6. Emily Futon ($189): The centerpiece of any cozy nook, den, or lounge is obviously the couch. We went with this minimal white futon option, which fits into our decor all year round.
7. Plaid Woven Blanket ($21): What’s more snuggly than a checkered blanket? This is the perfect blanket to curl up in all winter long.
8. Tray Top Ottoman ($60): This has to be one of the most versatile pieces of furniture ever. It’s an ottoman that doubles as storage, and you can turn the cushion over and turn it into a tray-topped side table. Love it.
PillowsSilver Beaded Throw Pillow ($17); Car with Tree Pillow ($21); Applique Moose Pillow ($21); Noel Sequin Oblong Pillow ($14); Mini Trees Woven Pillow ($21); and this Plaid Floor Pillow ($26).
10. Red Lattice Serving Tray ($26): To carry shop items and treats back and forth, we stocked up on a whole stack of these modern lattice service trays. Think we’ll keep these around for Valentine’s Day as well ;)
11. Faux Fur Ivory Throw ($30): See? Faux fur is totally necessary, especially if it means you get to feel like a polar bear while drinking hot cocoa and watching Elf in our shop.
Tree DecorDecorative Wood Chip Tree and Scalloped Burlap Tree added the perfect touch to the mantel on our Washi Tape Fireplace.
And there you have it! A dozen awesome items that made Brit + Co SF complete.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)