Piñatas, enchiladas, agua fresca and chips + guac — is there anything not to love about Cinco de Mayo? But out of all the merriment that is Cinco de Mayo, our favorite celebrity of the hour is (of course) the margarita.
Last year, we brought you 15 creative takes on the classic margarita, but we thought, hey! Why not add 20 more adventurous recipes to your margarita cocktail arsenal? So, here are more remixed margs that are sure to pump up any Cinco de Mayo extravaganza. Beware: It could get spicy up in here.
1. Tropical Papaya: Throw on some sunnies and sandals and kick back and relax with this fruit-packed frozen beverage. Replete with papaya, strawberries, pineapple and mango, this take is a great way to make your celebration feel more like a tropical vacation. (via Fabtastic Eats)
2. Ginger Mint: Fresh ginger root and mint leaves make this marg one of the most refreshing out there. Be sure to keep this recipe in your back pocket for a hot summer day. (via One Hitched Lane)
3. Blackberry Margarita: With berry season right around the corner, grab a box of blackberries from your local farmers’ market (along with some fresh sprigs of thyme) and whip up this slightly savory cocktail for your friends and family. (via Mom Me)
4. Fresh Peach: Love a good fuzzy navel? Well then, puree some peaches, add some agave and top it all off with a nice silver tequila. (via Boulder Locavore)
5. Strawberry Jell-O Shooters: Yup, we went there. These bite-sized margs are not only adorable, but they’re basically the ultimate finger food. (via Whitney Wu)
6. Kiwi Passion: Back to the tropics we go! This vibrant take on the margarita, complete with fresh kiwi and passion fruit, will wow guests and leave them begging for the recipe. (via Mangoes and Palm Trees)
7. Orange Persimmon: Never had a persimmon before? Well, what better way to try something new than by stickin’ it in a margarita? (via Sweet Life)
8. Watermelon Basil: Nothing screams refreshing quite like watermelon and basil. Make this drink your go-to summer beverage ASAP. (via Sumptuous Living)
9. Frozen Blueberry: This low-cal option is made with agave and packed with antioxidants. And since it’s totally good for us, we can technically have multiple, right? (via Parade)
10. Five Ingredient Ginger Beer: Ginger beer makes this tequila cocktail light and crisp, and with only five ingredients, it’s easy to whip up in a flash. (via Minimalist Baker)
11. Prickly Pear Mezcal Mule: Sub out the tequila for its smoky cousin, add some prickly pear syrup, and voila! You’ve just created an alcoholic ode to the Lone Star State. (via The Boys Club)
12. Orange Salted Caramel: Go gourmet with this rich orange and caramel lovely. Slow sipping is encouraged. (via Daydreamer Desserts)
13. Plum Margarita: Fresh plum juice and a splash of Cointreau make this twist on a classic margarita an absolute winner. (via Sweet Life)
14. Hibiscus Margarita: We’re all about fun tea recipes, so we thought we’d add this one to the list! Tip: The longer you steep, the stronger the flavor. (via Sage Atelier)
15. Honeydew Margarita: Sweet and juicy honeydew melons mixed with fresh lime and lemon juice? We don’t mind if we honey-do! (via Sweet Life)
16. Grapefruit Margarita: Adding tart and tangy grapefruit makes for an incredibly fresh and bright tequila cocktail. Sorry, lime, there’s a new citrus star in town. (via Good. Clean. Fun.)
17. Charred Jalapeño and Carrot: Carrots… and jalapeño… and cilantro… in a margarita??? Color us intrigued! (via Aida Mollenkamp)
18. Cucumber and Jalapeño: This savory cocktail brings the heat! But don’t worry, the cucumber balances out the muddled jalapeño veeerrrryyy nicely. (via Sandwich Sunday)
19. Pineapple With Chili Salt: This frothy and fruity tequila delight certainly packs a punch thanks to its chili-salted rim. (via Call Me Fudge)
20. Lime Sherbet: Yeah, we said it — SHERBET. You know you want to, so just do it already! (via Better Recipes)
What are you sipping this Cinco de Mayo? Share your recipes with us below!