9 Matcha Beauty Products to Liven Up Your Skin
Is it just us, or does it seem like practically overnight the whole world went full-on matcha crazy? The health-packed green tea powder is suddenly in everything from your morning latte to donuts and pancakes. Matcha is known for being antioxidant-rich and energy boosting, so it’s no wonder health nuts are going absolutely bonkers. Though the benefits of drinking matcha are vast, you wouldn’t believe what the energizing powder can do for your skin. That’s right — even your nails and lips can benefit from its radical-fighting properties. Don’t believe us? Here are nine matcha green tea beauty products designed to give your bod some serious TLC.
1. Origins RitualiTea Matcha Tea Infused Body Mask ($31): This super creamy exfoliating body mask will make you feel like you’re at the spa every time you shower. Apply it all over damp skin and let the steam do its thing for a few minutes before rinsing. Your skin will feel luxuriously soft.
so last season. The antioxidants in the matcha featured in this face mask promise to fight free radicals and reduce inflammation. Apply it liberally to your face and neck to combat post-holiday bloat and puffiness. Where has this magic powder been all our lives?
3. 100% Pure Organic Matcha Cleansing Anti-Aging Antioxidants Cleansing Foam ($39): This gentle cleansing foam will leave your face refreshed thanks to its high caffeine content and antioxidant-rich formula. You can even use it to take off your makeup at the end of the day; the caffeine won’t affect your sleep — we promise!
4. Thymes Jade Matcha Body Scrub ($28): The secret to fighting that nasty, flaky and dry winter skin might be in this pretty container. Scrub it all away with this matcha-infused, sugar crystal mixture for a season-defying complexion.
that’s money well spent.
6. Nails Inc. Sweet Almond Nail Polish Powered by Matcha ($14): Yes, matcha can even do amazing things for your nails! This polish is not only super pretty, but it’s infused with matcha and sweet almond oil to strengthen and improve nails FTW.
7. Sephora Green Tea Face Mask ($6): Green tea is officially a superfood, so we should probably just go ahead and declare it a super skin saver too. Apply this green tea face mask several times a week and watch your skin transform from dull to fab.
8. Raw Sugar Matcha Green Tea Lemon Grass & Ginger Sugar Scrub ($10): If you’ve ever made a homemade mask or scrub, you know the best ingredients for your skin often come straight from the kitchen. This matcha, ginger, lemongrass and raw sugar scrub smells divine and is all-natural, so you know your skin will feel healthy and stay breakout-free.
all winter long). It doesn’t stop there, though. You can put it on your elbows, cuticles and even your feet. Win WIN!