Redefine “Mom Jeans” With 14 Flattering Pairs of Maternity Denim
You’ve stunned in sleek sundresses and totally rocked the tunic, but it’s time to focus on fall transition pieces. Lucky for us, denim is the statement of the season and its ability to be uber-flattering on baby-bump bodies is not going unnoticed by expecting moms. Obviously, a good pair of jeans is the first maternity wardrobe staple you’ll want to have on hand, so mommas-to-be, get ready to start dreaming in denim. We’ve got it all right here — 14 flattering pairs of jeans that’ll keep your wardrobe on trend this season.
1. Ridley Ankle Grazer Skinny Jean in Plaid Check Print ($74): Go ahead; splurge on a plaid check print. You’ll find yourself pulling out these bottoms again and again.
2. Ridley Skinny Ankle Grazer Jean in Orchid ($58): These modern skinny ankle grazers will bring some color and style to these months when everything in your now-limited wardrobe feels like old news.
3. Lilac Clothing Skinny Maternity Jeans ($66): Darling dotty denim, we need you now. You’ll pair perfectly with all those solid color tees and tops. What a fab way to make your outfit totally pop.
4. Skinny Dream Jean in Dark Wash With Distressed Finish ($62): Skinny jeans are your new BFF. They lengthen and slim legs for a sleek, flattering look. And at $62, this is one wardrobe upgrade you can’t afford to miss out on.
5. Skinny Ankle Stretch Jeans ($118): Who says you have to stop wearing great-fitting jeans just because you’ve got a baby on board? Now’s the time, if any, to draw attention to your best assets and these stretch jeans make it easy.
6. Ridley Skinny Ankle Grazer Jean In Mint ($58): These days, your denim drawer should look anything but boring blue. If you’re pregnant, you need these ASOS jeans ASAP.
7. Super Soft Skinny Jeans in Black Denim ($39): Hot mama! Skinny jeans in black are the mother of all maternity jeans.
8. Jean Leggings ($158): Denim as stretchy and comfy as your favorite pair of leggings? Count us in. We can’t help but speculate that leggings were invented with a pregnant woman’s changing shape in mind. Even when you feel like a balloon on top, this well-constructed pair of slim leggings will keep things in proportion.
9. Whitby Ankle Grazer Jean in Alaska Wash with Distressing ($62): When it comes to fabric choices while you’re preggo, denim rules. It’s so versatile, always cool, and provides just the coverage you need for a flattering fit. Wear these ankle grazers with some fab slip-ons and show off a bit of ankle now and into fall — before it gets too chilly outside.
10. The Destructed Skinny ($70): Denim looks most perfect when it’s, well, imperfect. Destructed denim is hot right now. So you can’t not want a pair, right?
11. Boyfriend Jean With Distressed Rips ($74): Distressed denim always feels one of a kind, which is why you’ll love owning this artsy piece. You’ll feel so fab, you’ll almost forget you’re sporting a baby bump.
12. Stretch Maternity Matchstick Jean in Chalk ($115): Could this be the ultimate white maternity jean? FYI, it’s no longer a faux paus to wear white in winter. Or fall. You’ll be rocking this pair the whole nine months (and maybe after).
13. Ridley Skinny Jean In Cobalt ($35): Want to look slim and trim, even while pregnant? The secret is in the jeans.
14. Denim Therapy ($60): Now you can wear your favorite designer jeans pre-baby, bun in the oven and post-baby. Denim Therapy will hack your denim duds with an expandable panel, then remove it later when you’re ready. Super cool and so efficient.
Tell us — which of these flattering pieces are you adding to your fall shopping list? Let us know in the comments below.