Maya the Bulldog Has Officially Won Halloween
We’ve mentioned Maya in a few of our pet-themed Instagramroundups, but now’s her time to shine. We don’t know Maya personally, but we’re pretty sure this bulldog’s favorite holiday is Halloween, because this girl is always killing it in the costume department. From pop-culture beauts like Beyoncé to adorable animals like ducks, she rolls out new looks all the time. It was really, really hard, but we’ve found 20 of our favorites for costume inspiration and our daily dose of cuteness.
2. Tippi Hedren: We can only imagine that a remake of The Birds with a canine cast would be absolutely amazing.
3. Mermaid: Maya stuns in pearls and pink. We were kind of hoping for a coconut bra, but she makes up for it with a velvet tail.
4. Miss Piggy: We can’t blame you, Maya. Who doesn’t daydream about a dapper Kermit?
9. Flower: Maya really likes to get into character, even if that character is being planted in a giant pot.
10. Statue of Liberty: Even without the flaming torch, this lady of liberty is absolutely glowing.
11. Grandma: We wouldn’t mind Maya baking us pies if they looked like this. Doesn’t she make a beautiful doting grandma?
13. Taxi Driver: She’s never uttered the words, “Where to?” (we’re assuming), but with that adorable mug, we just know she’d be a hit cruising the streets.
14. The Chef: Not everyone can pull off a chef’s hat like this girl can.
15. Charlie Brown: This one is so spot on with her big round head.
16. Belly Dancer: We have a feeling that no belly dancing was actually done in the wearing of this costume.
17. Duck: We’ve cracked the case of the cutest puppy onesie. This one is perfect if your pet gets chilly.
18. Pirate: Don’t let the eye patch fool you. Behind the skull and crossbones, Maya is nothing but grins.
19. Kurt Vonnegut: He’s the king of literary cult classics, and she’s the queen of pet costume classics.
20. Mouse: No one loves cheese more than Maya, but she’s not allowed to have it. Her owner said she was so happy with the box replica that she wouldn’t leave the box.
Tell us your favorite Maya look in the comments!