3 Easy Hairstyles You Can Do in Under 10 Minutes
Are you rocking the lob (long bob) these days? Well, you’re not alone. The lob is HERE and it’s no longer being viewed as an awkward in-between stage. It’s actually the best of both worlds, and there are about a million ways to style it. We created three glamorous (and easy!) hairstyles you can do in under 10 minutes, for folks with bobs, lobs and #longhairdontcare ;)
Wavy Side Bob
1. Begin by placing a heavy side part into your hair.
2. Place curls in medium sections all throughout your hair.
3. Spray a lightweight hairspray like Kenra 25 Volume Hairspray.
4. Twist one side of your hair back and behind your head and secure with a few bobby pins.
5. Where the pinned part of the twist meets the hair that is down, take a piece of the hair down and pin it over the twisted part a little to blend and create a seamless transition.
6. Fluff the hair that is left down with your fingers creating a tousled finish.
1. Back comb the entire top section of your hair.
2. Smooth down gently and spray with hairspray.
3. Take two small sections of hair from one side of your head, tie them into a double knot and then secure with a bobby pin.
4. Continue this process all around your head until you get to the other side.
Love the poufy pomp look of this one!
1. Use a dry shampoo like TIGI Rockaholic all over for volume and added texture.
2. Use your fingers to fluff your hair lifting at the roots to distribute the dry shampoo all over as well as give the volume.
3. Pick up a small section starting on one side of your head at the top, twist it in a messy sort of way and then secure it with a bobby pin.
4. Continue to repeat this step all throughout your hair.
We love this ‘do. And that Jurassic Park shirt!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!