1. No one else has to bother trying, because they’ll never be as good as Melissa McCarthy was on Jimmy Fallon’s latest Lip Sync Battle segment. Kicking things off with DMX’s “X Gon’ Give It To Ya” and closing with “Colors of the Wind” from, yep, Pochahontas, Melissa blew Jimmy’s versions of “Brand New Key” and “Pillowtalk” — complete with floor writhing — out of the water. Even house band The Roots could hardly handle how good she was! Next time you need some mirror lip sync inspiration, just watch this. On repeat. Forever.
2. Jodi Sweetin’s emotional DWTS performance was so real. “My story is a story of rising up, overcoming, falling down and getting back up again,” the Fuller House and current DWTS contestant told People on the heels of her latest performance. With some of her closest family and friends in the audience, Sweetin reflected on her life, which has included bouncing back from drug addiction and multiple relationships. “The pieces are finally coming together and creating a beautiful picture that I never could have imagined.” Sob. (h/t People, photo via Emma McIntyre/Getty)
3. You can now get designer Disney swimwear. As if we weren’t obsessed enough with the Finding Dory trailer, now we’re going to have to add this collab between Disney and designer Trina Turk to the list! The decidedly grown-up angle on the upcoming movie shows through in these simple, sunny two-piece suits, which are available through Trina’s website now. “The inspiration for the print came from the film’s background art, with Dory and Nemo swimming through bright, multicolored seaweed, coral and anemones against an aqua background,” she said in a statement. “These cheerful surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for Dory and her friends in this exclusive print.” (h/t Refinery 29)
4. These women created iconic Sports Illustrated covers with every body type and it’s amazing. Wanting to give an accurate depiction of what a “beach body” really is, various Buzzfeed staffers of all shape and size donned swimsuits, got in front of the camera and became models. “I was honestly shocked at how difficult it was not to be consumed with guilt and fear, which made me wonder how many other women have felt this way over a picture,” one of the women said. While the experience proved difficult in some ways, it ultimately proved productive, making the women realize that “All you really need to be hot is a bikini, a little body oil and some confidence.” AMEN! (h/t Buzzfeed)
5. This pillow-throwing ring bearer perfectly describes how we feel that it’s only Tuesday. Here we all go, just slowly fumbling through the day, trying our best to keep our game face on and pretend we have any clue at all when we’re doing. But honestly? No. Not having it.
6. Quote of the day: “Women have to take the time to focus on our mental health — take time for self, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish. The world will see you the way you see you, and treat you the way you treat yourself.” — Beyoncé on the inspiration for her new athleisure line Ivy Park. (via Elle)
(Featured photo via Mike Coppola/Getty)