Every Memorial Day 2018 Sale to Shop This Week
Memorial Day marks a major shift in our fashion calendars. Not only do our summer whites make a comeback in a big way, we’re also privy to some of the best sales of the year. This week, department stores and independent retailers will be more affordable than ever, with discounts of up to 60 percent on shoes, swimsuits, dresses, and more. We’ve got your guide to navigating the best places to shop, along with their start dates and deets. Read on to bookmark your faves.
1. Abercrombie & Fitch: It pays be a club member (sign up free of charge) on 5/24, when the store will offer up first dibs on its 40 percent off sale for denim, tees, and rompers, and more both online and in-store. Otherwise, circle back on 5/25. We’ve got our eye on this cute (and on-trend) Cropped Jacket, usually $88!
2. Ann Taylor: From 5/27, get 60 percent off the work-ready brand’s sale styles. That’s an extra 20 percent off what we normally see.
3. ASOS: 20 percent off everything? Yes, please! Mark those calendars for 5/21 to get the deal.
4. BCBG: The retailer’s feminine, breezy style can be yours for nearly half off from 5/21, when your full-price and sale purchases will be reduced by 40 percent. Factory and deeper markdown items are excluded.
5. BCBGeneration: BCBG’s little sister, BCBGeneration, will also offer a heavy discount with 40 percent off your entire purchase on 5/22 (though clearance and other select exclusions apply).
6. Bloomingdale’s: Save 40 to 50 percent on nearly all sale items during the store’s Big Brown Bag sale on 5/24, plus 20 to 50 percent off full-price items. We also recommend logging in or signing up free of charge to become a Bloomingdale’s Loyallist — you’ll save $11 in free shipping.
7. Boden: The future’s looking bright at Boden: Bold hues and colorful prints will be slashed by 30 percent on 5/24 for men, women, and baby too.
8. Draper James: Starting on 5/28, you can get 25 percent off those darling Reese-approved sale dresses and gingham prints you’ve been eyeing all season long online and in-store with coupon code USA. We like this Parton Check Melrose Romper, originally $195 and currently on sale for $75.
9. Fridababy: From now through July, you can get 20 percent off everything you’ll need to keep your little one snot and gas-free with promo code SNOT20 at checkout. You’ll also nab free shipping when you spend $25 or more.
10. Furla: The handbag haven is currently up to 40 percent off, but, if you can hold out until 5/25, you’ll get an extra 10 percent off sale items. Patience, grasshoppers!
12. Kayu: If you’ve been searching high and low for the perfect festival bag, hit the Cali-cool brand up on 5/23. Their handmade, South Asia style bags will be 20 percent off with promo code WEEKEND.
13. Kurt Lyle: Quirky, fun apparel… at an extra 30 percent off? We’ll take it.
14. Macy’s: On 5/23, in addition to tons of site-wide specials (think $18 bras and $60 iTouch watches), the department store will also be offering up an extra 20 percent off with coupon code MEMDAY at checkout.
15. Modcloth: Get all the retro swimwear your heart desires at Modcloth, where you’ll find 20 percent off full-price suits and bikinis on 5/28 and 5/29. Our pick goes to this pictured Banned Sun More Time One-Piece, regularly $69.
16. Mr. Larkin: These breezy, summer-ready style are 30 percent off with code SUMMER30.
17. Neiman Marcus: On 5/22, head-turning apparel, handbags, shoes, and fine jewelry from the likes of Theory, Sophia Webster, and Hunter, will be up to 40 percent off at the beloved department store.
18. Nordstrom: The store’s iconic Half-Yearly sale comes on 5/23, just in time for Memorial Day. If last year’s loot is any indicator, you can expect to see everything from Kiehl’s eye creams and Swarovski jewels to summer-ready midi dresses up for grabs.
19. Old Navy: The budget-friendly retailer’s best sale starts on 5/25 when you’ll save 50 percent on tees, tanks, shorts, swim, and dresses.
20. Rachel Roy: Stock up on getaway essentials and swimwear in regular and curvy sizes during Rachel Roy’s 30 percent off site-wide sale.
23. Trina Turk: Make a list of your favorite items from the store’s sale section now, then pull the trigger on 5/24, when you’ll get a little *extra* sumthin’ sumthin’ — discounted items will be an additional 40 percent off both in-store and online.
24. Skagen: If you’re in the market for a new watch, Skagen’s got you covered — and at 25 percent off, no less! Enter code MEMORIAL25 at checkout and watch the prices fall.
25. Saks Fifth Avenue: The department store isn’t playing with an up to 40 percent off incentive to shop its designer goodies, beginning 5/22.
26. Shopbop: Beginning 5/22, you can get a head-start on your summer wardrobe with 40 percent off new warm-weather pieces from Marc Jacobs, BAGGU, Tory Burch, Madewell, and more.
Which sale are you most excited to shop? Sound off over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Abercrombie & Fitch)