13 Memorial Day Weekend Essentials to Buy or DIY
Sun’s out, (hot dog) buns out! This Memorial Day weekend you probably already have plans for a BBQ, the beach, a rooftop party, or just a long weekend spent with the squad. Regardless of what’s on the agenda, we’ve searched high and low for the must-haves to get you through the weekend. All you’ll need is SPF, a strawberry cocktail, and some water to celebrate.
1. DIY Flag Picnic Rug: Time spent eating in a park has never been so comfortable. Big blankets are fine, but there’s nothing like a plushy rug to recline on in the shade. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Sparkler Packs: These adorable packs mean your sparklers will be ‘Grammable way before dark. (via Lovely Indeed)
3. Vinca Starry of My Life Earrings ($25): This sparkly buy from Modcloth will be good again come July 4th and any other time you feel like being patriotic. Who can resist glittery red, white, and blue?
4. DIY Embroidered Ball Cap: Spending the entire weekend outside calls for a hat and some serious skin care. This so-pretty option will keep you feeling cool and looking adorbs. (via Lindsey Crafter)
5. Printable Drink Toppers: Add a little pizzazz to your pours this year with these printable straw flags. Old Glory has never looked so festive. (via Brit + Co)
6. Strong New Sexy Cold Beers + Hot Nights Swimsuit ($24): You need a fresh suit to debut this weekend, and what could be better than this red-hot one-piece with a party-hearty slogan printed right on front?
7. DIY Patriotic Shoes: Personalize your plain white tennies! With paint pens and a little practice, you’ll have super-patriotic custom kicks. (via Brit + Co)
8. SunnyLife Beach Sounds Cherry ($50): Bring the beats with you wherever you may be. This kitschy-cute speaker (it’s all about cherries this season) and radio is Bluetooth-compatible, with a handy place to store your phone while you’re busy.
9. DIY Bike Basket: Bust out your bike and take off on an adventure. You’ll do it in style with this custom basket to haul all your finds. (via Sugar & Cloth)
10. DIY Edible Pinwheels: Throw it back to your younger days and make Airheads candy your best friend again. They’re the perfect medium to create some colorful cupcake toppers for your dessert bar at the BBQ. (via Studio DIY)
11. American Flag Bunting: A banner is always a good idea. Grab your star punch and get busy! (via The House That Lars Built)
12. Ban.do Zip Zip Keychain with National Stripe ($20): Your salute to the weekend doesn’t have to be over the top. Send all the right signals with this useful striped coin purse.
13. All-American Campfire Roasting Sticks: Sure, the kids love ’em, but we all know that s’mores are for EVERYONE. (via Brit + Co)
What are your plans this upcoming holiday weekend? If you’re getting crafty we want to see it! Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.