These Are the 9 Memorial Day Sales You Need to Shop NOW
Memorial Day tends to conjure images of heavenly BBQs with tricked-out grilling gadgets and (weather permitting — oh please, oh please, oh please!) pool party fun. But for the savvy shoppers among us, there’s one more major reason to celebrate the kickoff of summer: THE SALES!
1. Nordstrom: Topping our list is Nordstrom’s Half Yearly Clearance Sale. Coming just twice a year, it’s kinnnnd of like Christmas in, well, May. NOW is the time to get that designer bag or pair of shoes you’ve been eyeing all spring, as it’s likely to be up to 40 percent off — Tory, Dooney, Hunter, Kate, the gang’s all here (and seriously discounted)! The pictured Hunter Original Tall Festive Floral Rain Boots (usually $195) are a prime example.
2. Bath & Body Works: We don’t know about you, but we’re pretty much OBSESSED with Bath & Body Works candles (right alongside these ‘90s scent re-issues, available now for 20 percent off with code SUMMER4U), and right now, the big guys are buy one, get one FREE. Normally $22.50 a pop, that’s more than enough reason for us to stock up. There are nearly 100 scents to choose from, so it’s also a good time to experiment with those you’ve always been curious about — what exactly does a Wine Cellar ($22.50) smell like, anyway?
3. Anthropologie: Your Anthro prayers are about to be answered, because it’s an extra 30 percent off sale right now, which means you can actually afford to add that super pretty Trade Route Quilt (once $248-288) — and anything else that catches your eye!
4. Michael Kors: If you don’t already own the Michael Kors bag of your dreams, this is your chance — the store is offering an extra 25 percent off sale items, with prices as marked. Some styles, like this Kempton Large Nylon Tote (normally $138) are even under $100. Sold!
5. Forever21: Affordable just got super affordable — this pictured Dotted Doll Crop Top ($9), for instance, falls to $4 when you enter coupon code EXTRA30, which takes an extra 30 percent off select sale items. $4, people! That’s practically less than your morning coffee.
6. LOFT: Regular LOFT shoppers are probabblllly already clued in to the fact that the store offers 30-40 percent off pretty much on the daily, reserving the big guns for special holidays and events, including — you guessed it! — good ole’ Memorial Day. Forget 40 percent: It’s 60 percent off today, baby! This Pom Pom Straw Bag ($60) is an absolute steal at $24 after discount.
7. Victoria’s Secret: Victoria’s Secret has not one, but two killer sales going on this weekend. Fill your panty drawer with some lovely little new additions (they’re currently seven for $28) and get an extra 40 percent off their soon-to-be-disappearing (nooooo!!!!) swimwear line when you enter coupon code SAVE40SWIM.
8. Free People: Okayyyy, so Free People isn’t offering as big of a discount as some of the aforementioned stores (it’s an extra 25 percent off sale items in your cart), but it’s a relatively rare category sale for the brand… and we happen to love their wares, so hey, we’ll take it! Every little bit helps, right?
9. Nasty Gal: We would’ve paid full price for this Love, Courtney by Nasty Gal Miss World Satin Tutu Dress ($118) (and the rest of the collection, to boot), but now it’s not only on sale, it’s an extra 40 percent off in your cart, right along with the rest of the store’s sale items, and we can’t even handle it.
Find something you love? Show us your sale scores on Instagram over @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)