11 Shiny Gift Ideas for the Wannabe Mermaid
Whether you’re a beach bum, ocean enthusiast or strictly land dweller, there is one thing for certain — everyone wishes they were a mermaid at some point in their life. Wanting to be a mermaid is no longer a childhood daydream, as many adults are all in when it comes to seeking fins. If you’re pals with someone known for seeking that magical mermaid life, then there’s a ton of cool loot out there perfect for gifting. We’ve gone ahead and found the best of the best, in this fanciful, mermaid-inspired gift guide. Best part is, no gills are required.
1. Dolls Kill Mermaid Scale High Top Sneakers ($45): We all want to be mermaids, until we realize you can longer wear shoes after you’ve traded in your feet for fins. These shimmery-scale high-tops have the human and fish world meet on a dazzling, holographic level.
3. Hot Topic Disney The Little Mermaid Black Scale Faux Thigh High Tights ($15): Whoever says mermaids can’t walk on land hasn’t seen tights like these. When she’s tired of her tail, she can swap it out for two seashell thigh-high tights day or night. The tights are a perfect gift for a friend wishing for fins.
5. Seatails Mermaid Bar Necklace ($55): Hey, we get it. You can’t be under the sea all the time, but for the times when you have to jump back on the ship, a beautiful gold mermaid bar necklace will remind you that the waves will always have your heart. However, that sailor on deck isn’t looking too bad either.
8. NYLON Secret Society of Ex Mermaids Highlighter Beanie ($20): Whatever you did to transform from siren to woman, we forgive you. All the other ex-mermaids will understand your beanie, but do expect some puzzled expressions from the rest of us human folk. Have a friend who is an ex-mermaid too? Wear them together.
11. Josefina Fernandez Mermaid Illustration ($12+): A whimsical print like this, sketched by fashion artist Josefina Fernandez, is a mystical present to receive. This remains true whether you believe in the glamorous creatures of the deep or not. However, after unwrapping this print, how can you not?