Messy Braids Are Everything We Want in a Summer Hairstyle
Summer is all about effortless hair. And by effortless, we mean lazy girl-approved styles that win every time. That’s why this time of year; we’re not flipping out if our braids don’t look expertly done, or a few strands fall out of place. It turns out, those messy plaits send just the right warm-weather vibes for pool days, beach days, music festivals, and more. Forget flawless and flyaway-free; here are perfection-less plaits you’ll love.
1. The Side Braid: Slept in and don’t have time to perfect your style before work? Add a quick fuss-free braid using your front strands and pin back. Repeat on the other side for more of a crown or just keep one. No need to sleek and straighten here.
2. The Ponytail Braid: Don’t sweat it if you haven’t quite mastered fishtail braids. Simply throw your locks back in a pony, braid, and secure.
3. Bedhead Braid Bun: This reverse ‘do finishes with a messy top knot and is ideal for breezy beach weather. Leave a few strands to go free around your face to top off the look.
4. Let’s Get Loose: An unkempt braid that frames your face is the ultimate in effortless chic. Top with a baseball cap for a day at the ballpark or wear this look with a slew of micro-buds to really make a summer statement.
5. Triple Threat: When the weather heats up, keep your hair looking cool by weaving in a few smaller braids. Then tie it back in a messy knot. Hello, hotness.
6. Side Style: It doesn’t take a lot to pull off a summer style that’s acceptable for everything from drinks on the patio to weekend trips on the boat. All you need is a loose side braid that’s oh.so.chic.
7. Bring on the Braids: More is definitely more when it comes to this amazing look. It might look super complicated, but just start with French braids and switch to fishtail to the ends. Messy never looked so neat.
8. Let’s Go Dutch: Some of the Frenchy styles look too refined for the casual summer vibe you’re after. Enter the Dutch, or inside-out, French braid. It’s more textured and turns heads when paired with a tank or with your favorite sleeveless sun dress.
Looking for more summer beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!