10 Mini Braids That Will Upgrade Any Hairdo in Seconds
Braids — we’ll admit that we have a full-blown obsession. Not only do they make second-day hair look effortless, but they’re also easy to execute. So it’s no surprise that we look for any excuse to rock next-level braids any chance we get. The new mega trend in braided styles just so happens to be mini. From boho chic updos to half-up hairstyles, Instababes are sporting mini woven details for every occasion. Whether you don multiple small braids down the middle, adorn them with a bit of jewelry or create a faux hawk, these miniature plaits instantly add dimension to your ‘do in a cool and unexpected way. Check out these killer looks that have been upgraded thanks to a few itty bitty braids.
1. Chains and Braids: While these miniature braids have a stylish edge all their own, adding so-right-now jewelry really takes this look to a new level. This style is a must for ladies showing off an undercut.
2. Chic Messy Middle Braid: Wouldn’t this ‘do be perfect for a holiday soiree? Add a little volume to your half updo courtesy of a middle mini braid and don’t-care barrel curls. Pair it with an LBD and a gold clutch to wow the crowd at your next party.
3. Cornrows: Why stop at one set of braids? Elevate your style by incorporating mini braids in between larger sections for a new take on tried-and-true cornrows. This style is a must for ladies who are rocking third-day hair.
4. Flower Crown: More is more when it comes to this beautiful braided crown. Intertwine micro braids into one epic hair crown that is sure to turn heads. Add a few flowers while you’re at it for a feminine effect.
5. Braided Bangs: Recreate this style when your bangs are growing out and you can’t even deal. Divide your hair straight down the middle and French braid your fringe into the rest of your hair. Curl the ends and you’re good to go!
6. Braided Warrior: Hello, gorgeous! This hairstyle has warrior princess written all over it. Let your braids shine by adding gold rings and mega volume to the look.
7. Double Braid: Two, two, two braids in one! When one plait isn’t enough, opt to add a small one up top. Pull the larger braid’s strands for added volume.
8. Side Pony: Have errands to run? This side pony style is great for the girl who’s always on the go.
9. Double Buns: Thin-haired girls, this ‘do is for you. Create two braids on top of your head and finish off the look with two top knots. Tousle the rest of your strands for a laid-back, girl-next-door vibe.
10. Two Braids: Whether you’re heading out on a date or going to the movies with the girls, THIS is how you bring trend-right details to your daily down ‘do. These two tight braids will take your normal hairstyle from standard to swoon-worthy in seconds.
Are you digging this hair trend? Follow us on Pinterest for more inspo!