20 Mismatched Bridesmaid Dresses for Your Modern Wedding
Choosing bridesmaid dresses are a crucial yet stressful part of every wedding. Unless your entire bridal party consists only of models, chances are everyone is going to have a different body shape. What looks great on your maid of honor might not work for the other ladies. Instead of stressing out about finding one dress and shade that will magically fit everyone, why not let them all look a little different? Mismatched bridesmaids dresses bring your wedding attire into the 21st century and let your pals be the the individuals that you love them to be. Need a little inspiration? Look to these 20 beautiful bridal parties who are totally nailing it.
1. Sequined Smiles: Try curating your dresses around a design detail rather than a color, like these bridesmaids who are all in sequins. It gives a sense of fluidity without everyone having to be so matchy-matchy. (via Burnetts Boards)
3. Flowers and Ribbons: Find an assortments of floral vintage dresses that are similar but not exactly the same. Then add different color ribbons onto each dress to differentiate them even more. (via Naughty Shorts)
4. Coordinating Choas: If you want your bridesmaids to be able to evoke their own style but still want them to match somewhat, just ask them to pick a dress that’s mostly a certain color. This bridal party coordinates because of the mustard yellow color, but each dress has its own personality. (via Wedding Star)
5. Different Strokes: Dresses don’t have to have a common factor that makes them go together. Tell your gals the vibe you’re going for and ask them each to send you three dream dresses that they’d want to wear to your wedding. Chances are, you can find dresses within their picks that complement each other. (via Style Me Pretty)
6. Infinite Style: An infinity dress is a great way to differentiate your bridesmaid’s dresses while still keeping the dresses the same. This style can be twisted and worn in an infinite number of ways, hence the name. With so many ways to wear it after the wedding, your bridesmaids will be begging you to pick this choice. (via Style Me Pretty)
7. Vintage Vixens: Style- and cut-wise, these dresses don’t match at all. But the fact that they’re all vintage ties them together. The groomsmen were also told to find pocket square to match each of the bridesmaids, which helps make the whole bridal party look cohesive. (via Rock My Wedding)
8. Cardigan Crazed: This bride chose floral maxis for her bridesmaids. To help bring them together (and keep them warm during an outdoor ceremony in Northern England), each bridesmaid sported a navy cardigan. (via Rock My Wedding)
9. Played Up Patterns: Give everyone a range of colors to choose from and let them pick their own patterned piece. So long as the color palette flows, all the different patterns will look amazing side by side. (via One Wed)
10. Rainbow Hues: This rainbow-themed wedding is a visual feast. These bridesmaid’s dresses manage to be bright but not tacky. If you want to go all the way, send your ladies down the aisle with color coordinating bouquets like this bridal party, or take it down a notch with a neutral arrangement. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
12. Pretty in Primary: This wedding was a color overload in the best way possible — and the bridesmaid’s dresses were no exception. These three ladies dressed in primary colors and wore shoes that matched each other’s dresses. Genius! (via Ruffled)
15. Jewel Toned Jems: These ladies look like they just stepped straight out of an Anthropologie catalog. Jewel tones make everyone in this bridal party look flawless, and the coordinating floral crowns and bouquets bring it all together. (via Kayla Elizabeth)
16. Swapping Shades: If you just want to dip your toe in the mismatched bridesmaid trend, opt for alternating colored gowns. This will add some excitement to the ceremony, but still have your ladies looking very similar. (via Style Me Pretty)
18. Geometric Bliss: This wild, geometric print may have been too much if all these pretty ladies were sporting it in the exact same way. Switching up the style and print placement on each dress helps to keep the attention on the bride. (via White Azalea)
20. Grand Finale: This bridal party has it all — a common theme with a style element (sequins), the maid of honor stands out in a different colored dress and everyone is tied together with matching bouquets. Well done, pretty ladies. (via Style Me Pretty)
Are you into this bridesmaid dress idea? Which mismatched trend do you think works best?
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)