Pairing the right shade of lipstick with your eye shadow and blush can be a little too time-consuming. Thankfully, this season welcomed a hot trend that makes our lives a little simpler and streamlined, not to mention runway-approved. That’s right — we’re talking about monochromatic makeup. Tons of celebrities from the likes of Lady Gaga and Taraji P. Henson have opted for matching lip, cheek, and eye colors to pull off a one-and-done look. The thought of relying on only one tone may seem boring, but trust us: These are anything but basic.
1. Baby Pink: For the ultimate feminine makeup look, sport a monochromatic pink style. A beautiful baby pink blush coupled with a light wash on the lids is the ethereal look you never knew you always needed. Finish with a girly gloss, and you’re good to go.
2. Bomb Burgundy: Warm-toned, olive complexions will look radiant in rich shades of burgundy.
3. Bubble Gum: Sweet tones of playful pink with an iridescent finish create a surprisingly wearable take on the summer trend.
4. Cherry Red: That’s right — don’t be afraid to take it one step further with a face full of coordinating color and a bold top to match.
5. Eggplant: For a more sultry style, deep purple hues that feature shades of almost-gray compliment brown eyes perfectly. Since you probably don’t want to put gray on the cheeks, you can just load up on bronzer, and ditch the blush.
6. Nude: Take it all off! Well, not all of it. This daring version is not for everyone, but for ladies who aren’t afraid to get noticed, this one’s for you.
7. Berry Babe: A smudged berry eyeliner can be an unexpectedly amazing option for a berry-toned pucker. Keep your finish matte to channel an Insta-approved ’90s style.
8. Burnt Orange: For those with darker hair, skin, and eye colors, sporting a sunset orange look is hella haute. This smoldering style works well with a bold brow and faux freckles.
Tweet us your favorite monochromatic makeup looks @BritandCo!