Morning Buzz! Ryan Lochte Was Almost Attacked by Protesters on Dancing With the Stars + More
From a scary reality show moment to a case of comedic food poisoning, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. Reality shows often come with their share of drama, but we were NOT expecting this from DWTS. Two men wearing t-shirts with a red circle and line through Ryan’s last name rushed the stage after the controversy-plagued Olympic swimmer and his dance partner Cheryl Burke did the foxtrot. ABC didn’t show the incident, just the judges’ reactions, and host Tom Bergeron announced the show would be going to commercial early. The men who rushed the stage were charged with trespassing. Whoa!
2. Amanda Seyfried is engaged! While we wait not-so-patiently for a picture of a ring (if there is one), please enjoy this pic of these lovebirds being adorable AF in Paris earlier this summer. Amanda and BF Thomas Sadoski first met while doing a play together last year, and began dating when they started working on their upcoming movie The Last Word together. Congrats to the happy couple! (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
3. Amy Schumer and BF Ben had a romantic Paris vacay where they both got food poisoning. Amy shared a few snaps from the hospital where she probably had to get rehydrated, as well as a pic of the pair in bed with caption “Thanks for everything Paris! Except the food poisoning. #nooooooooooo #balmain #nyfw.” Bummer about the food poisoning, but great use of hashtags, Amy.
4. Alec and Hilaria Baldwin had a weeeee baby boy! Alec Baldwin and wife Hilaria let the world know via social media that they’ve welcomed their third child, and second son, on Monday. “We are so pleased to introduce you to our new baby, Leonardo Ángel Charles Baldwin,” Hilaria captioned a photo of the little bundle not long after he arrived. “It was such a special day bringing him into this world.” Congrats to the growing family!
5. You can now rent the original Full House house on Craigslist. The “historic and famous” home is going for a whopping $13,950 a month. Anyone wanna go in on this bad boy to binge watch the new Fuller House season whenever it drops?
6. Quote of the day: “It’s the happiest time in my life.” Ryan Gosling gives us ALL the feels when talking about his daughters to ET.
When’s the last time you rewatched Ryan Gosling in The Notebook? Let us know at @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @dancingabc)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)