Morning Buzz! Southern Charm Star Cameran Eubanks Is Having a Baby, Y’all!
United releases their report on the plane dragging incident and TheHandmaid’s Tale is getting a fashion collection in this morning’s top news tidbits. Check those and more out below in today’s Morning Buzz.
1. United released its detailed report on the violent plane-dragging incident, and in it included major policy changes that will be put in place to prevent it from happening again. Along with plans for additional training, increasing compensation for passengers who volunteer to leave an overbooked flight up to $10,000 (as Delta recently did), and limiting the use of law enforcement on board, United claims they will reduce flight overbooking by requiring crew members to be booked at least an hour prior to take-off and never ask seated customers to leave the plane unless there is a safety issue. In addition, they promised to shell out $1,500 for any lost luggage. (h/t Buzzfeed, photo via Scott Olson/Getty)
2. Southern Charm and The Real World: San Diego star Cameran Eubanks just announced she’s expecting a baby girl with a sweet and simple pic. The Bravo reality star/real estate agent and her husband Jason Wimberly announced via Instagram that “Times a changin’ y’all!” The pair held up the baby’s sonogram and a giant pink balloon. This is the first child for the pair, who have been married since 2014. Congrats!
3. OMG, there’s a Handmaid’s Tale fashion line already in the works. New York-based design collective Vaquera has teamed up with Hulu on a Handsmaid’s Tale collection inspired by the clothing worn by the handmaids. Vaquera will feature the pieces in an upcoming “experiential performance” in New York. (h/t New York Magazine)
— Saturday Night Live (@nbcsnl) April 26, 2017
4. SNL has just announced its hosts and musical guests for May and we’re screaming. The tweet pretty much speaks for itself — Chris Pine and LCD Soundsystem will appear on May 6, one of our all-time fave hosts Melissa McCarthy and Haim (who will have new music for us!) will appear on May 13, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Katy Perry will appear on May 20. This is a solid, solid slate of guests. We can’t WAIT.
5. President Trump’s new anti-immigrant hotline is being trolled with calls about space aliens and he’s NOT happy. On Wednesday, Trump launched the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) Office to help victims of crimes committed by undocumented immigrants. As part of its launch, the administration announced a hotline for people to call, which, thanks to Twitter, people immediately began to use to report sightings of space aliens. US Immigration and Customs Enforcement told BuzzFeed News that “There are certainly more constructive ways to make one’s opinions heard than to prevent legitimate victims of crime from receiving the information and resources they seek because the lines are tied up by hoax callers.” (h/t Buzzfeed News, photo via Pool/Getty )
6. Quote of the day: “I know that was meant to happen to me… I really feel like things happen in your life to teach you things.” Kim Kardashian gives an emotional interview, at times fighting back tears, to Ellen about her Paris robbery and the lessons she felt it taught her.
Do you try to see the good in bad situations? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jason Kempin/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)