Morning Buzz! The First Pic and Name of Kobe and Vanessa Bryant’s New Baby Are WAY Too Cute to Handle + More
From the cutest baby pic EVER to some confusing antics from James Franco, check out six of today’s top news items below.
1. Holy crap, what an adorable start to a day! Kobe and Vanessa Bryant welcomed their third daughter earlier this month, and we’re finally getting our first glimpse of the adorable bundle. “@vanessabryant and I are beyond excited to welcome our newest baby girl, Bianka!!” Kobe wrote on Instagram, going on to confirm her full name as Bianka Bella Bryant. As if the photo wasn’t cute enough! Congrats to the growing family!
2. Alan Thicke’s cause of death has been revealed. The Canadian actor’s unexpected death caused a shockwave of grief in Hollywood last week, and in his official death certificate, it was ruled as a “ruptured aorta” and a “standard type A aortic dissection,” according to People. He complained of chest pains while playing hockey with his 19-year-old son, then shortly after being taken to the hospital, he passed away.
3. Why is James Franco dressed up as Beyonce from her “Hold Up” video and HOW DO WE STOP HIM? James was spotted in the unmistakable yellow ensemble while filming in LA. We are speechless. Just no.
4. This seal who just could not and stopped for a nap in the middle of the road is all of us. This li’l fella disrupted the commute for many in the New Zealand town of Dunedin, but we can’t even blame him. We feel you, seal.
5. Liam Neeson reading the first chapter of A Monster Calls is oddly soothing. The film adaptation of the favorite fantasy novel A Monster Calls promises to be amazing with a cast like Sigourney Weaver, Felicity Jones and, of course, Liam Neeson, and in prep for the film’s wide release on January 6, we get to see the film’s monster himself, Liam, reading the first chapter from the book. Even if you haven’t read the book, the movie is still a must see, but just maybe this oddly soothing video will compel you to read it before it opens. Can’t he just read the whole thing to us?
6. Quote of the day: “Appearing on the show was the fulfillment of a lifelong ambition for that lady. What you did not know is that when we taped these programs with her a few weeks ago, she was suffering from Stage IV cancer and sadly, on Dec. 5, Cindy Stowell passed away. So from all of us here at Jeopardy!, our sincere condolences to her family and her friends.” Alex Trebek pays emotional tribute to Cindy Stowell, who died just one week before her Jeopardy! episode aired.
Did you catch Cindy on Jeopardy? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Featured photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)