Morning Buzz! Watch the Moment John Legend Surprised Commuters With a Surprise Train Station Performance + More
John Legend shakes up the work week and Ivanka Trump is an official White House employee in this morning’s top news stories. Check those and more of the stuff you missed while you were asleep below.
1. Picture this: You’re trudging to the train station, running late for work, earbuds jammed firmly in your ears trying to pay attention to S-Town when you glance up and notice everyone gathered around watching something. Then you get closer and realize, “oh crap, that’s John Legend!” At St. Pancras International train station in London, Legend gave an impromptu performance on the station’s piano yesterday, because why not? “Do they still have that piano there?” he asked on Twitter before showing up shortly after. Check out the amazing video of the surprise performance here.
2. Ivanka Trump actually WILL have a job with President Trump. Just over a week ago, it was announced that Ivanka would get her own office in the West Wing, an official government phone and security clearance, but would NOT be serving in her father’s administration in an official capacity. Now, she’s announced that she will actually become an official federal employee and will be the special assistant to the president. “I have heard the concerns some have with my advising the president in my personal capacity while voluntarily complying with all ethics rules,” she said in a statement. “I will instead serve as an unpaid employee in the White House Office, subject to all of the same rules as other federal employees.” (Photo via Jeff J Mitchell/Getty)
3. Chris Evans reveals he still has some pretty warm feelings towards ex-girlfriend Jenny Slate. Slate recently opened up about her split with Evans in a pretty honest and emotional interview, having nothing but nice things to say about the Captain America actor. Now, Evans has reciprocated the sentiment (and then some!) in an interview with People. “She’s my favorite human,” he said. “It’s like an art form talking with her, because the visuals associated with her expression are just so colorful. She’s so vulnerable, so honest, so interested in other people more than herself, she’s incredibly compassionate, there’s just nothing to not love about her.” Um, if only ALL exes could talk about each other like this! (Photo via Rachel Murray/Getty)
4. You can now get a flower crown made out of weed for Coachella because of course you can. The much-beloved California marijuana manufacturer Lowell Herb Co (who also makes beautiful weed bouquets) will be selling the ~flower~ crowns through the Palm Springs Safe Access dispensary in Palm Springs, CA, and it’ll make the perfect accessory for your festival look this year. (h/t Buzzfeed)
5. Wait: Is April the Giraffe just a long-play April Fool’s day joke?! That’s what one of the Internet’s latest conspiracy theories is speculating, saying her pregnancy has gone on too long and we’ve all been duped. April the Giraffe was due to give birth at an upstate New York zoo in mid-February, and still has hundreds of thousands of people watching the livestream waiting for something — ANYTHING — to happen at any given time. If this is true we will never trust a giraffe again.
6. Quote of the day: “Adopt the pace of nature: Her secret is patience.” A beautiful Ralph Waldo Emerson quote on this National Take A Walk In the Park Day. Get out there and get some air if you’re able to!
Do you enjoy getting outside? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Jason Bahr/Getty)