From some sad news in the world of celebrity pets to a strange reality TV scene, read on for six of today’s top news items below.
1. If you’ve ever lost a pet, you’ll know that it’s a tremendous loss not unlike losing a family member. Zac Efron has recently gone through that very heartbreak, posting a touching tribute to his best furry friend, an Australian Shepherd named Puppy (!). “Through thick and thin you’ve always been my best friend. I’ll see you at the finish line, RIP Puppy Efron,” he wrote, before finishing off with a line from Chance the Rapper’s “Finish Line.” “Felt hog tied ever since my dog died/He lived to 84, damn, that’s a long ride/I know he up there he just sit and he wait/I’ll be racing up the stairs I’mma get to the gate singing.” Zac has had Puppy since Christmas 2011. A beautiful, if heartbreaking, post to have to make on #NationalDogDay.
2. It’s here. Britney Spears and James Corden recreated her iconic “…Baby One More Time” video for Carpool Karaoke, something that not even the teaser could have prepared us for. Britney also released her new album Glory today, so basically happy Britney day, everyone.
3. Ryan Reynolds had the BEST birthday wish for his wife Blake Lively. Blake turned 29 yesterday, and hubby Ryan decided to publicly celebrate with his trademark dry sense of humor. “Just want to wish Billy Ray Cyrus the most special, magical birthday ever. I love you with all my heart,” he wrote. “Also, Happy Birthday to my wife.” While Taylor Swift also got in on the Bday wishing action with a pic on Instagram, we gotta say — Ryan takes this one.
4. Would you like a nice cry to start your day? Then read on. The Orlando Sentinel reports that Orlando Health and the Orlando Regional Medical Center will waive medical bills — an estimated $5.5 million — for the survivors of the Pulse nightclub shooting. “The Pulse shooting was a horrendous tragedy for the victims, their families and our entire community,” Orlando Health President and CEO David Strong said. “During this very trying time, many organizations, individuals and charities have reached out to Orlando Health to show their support. This is simply our way of paying that kindness forward.” (Photo via Gerardo Mora/Getty)
5. The Bachelor Australia had a scene with a chocolate bath and Twitter was (rightfully) super grossed out. In what was probably supposed to be a sexy date, a Bachelor Australia contestant, on a date with the Bachelor himself, took a dip in a bathtub filled with melted chocolate and, TBH, it looked disgusting. Some people couldn’t resist making jokes about the Oompa Loompa song from Willy Wonka, while others were much more graphic, pointing out that it looked a little, well, crappy. You do you, Bachelor Australia.
6. Quote of the day: “If only I had this show, I could explain what is happening.” Oprah Winfrey tells EW that she’s been missing having her old talk show as a platform. Us too, Oprah!
What are your weekend binge-watching plans? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @zacefron)