It’s time to bust out ALL your pretty polishes and nail art accents, because mosaic nails are the latest beauty trend that’s taking over Instagram. The textured, OTT design first appeared on the NYFW runway at shows like Naeem Khan and has been low-key dominating our feeds ever since. But how exactly does one replicate this art-inspired trend? Trust us — it’s easier than you think. All you need are a few of your fave colors and a selection of your go-to nail art additions (think glitter, foils, or crystals). Combine them all on one statement nail or on every digit for an all-over effect. Here are nine ways you can rock the mosaic trend for spring.
1. Sunburst: Complement your vacation glow by strutting these bold orange nails. Keep it minimal with a single accented nail or rock a full set of foils for a flashy take on this artistic trend.
2. Paint Splatter Foil: Let your nails shine by adding your favorite hues in an abstract design that combines multi-hued foils into one epic look. We say go bold or go home when it comes to this trend.
3. Metal Head: While the high-shine, gold digits are fierce AF, it’s the gem-inspired design that truly stands out. Use colorful metallic polish over a deep burgundy or black bottom coat to create style with dimension.
4. Ceramic Gems: While the mosaic design normally incorporates foils, you can also rock this trend with textured materials like medium-grade sequins. Paint your nails a light metallic hue and top it off with multi-colored confetti for an OTT style that is bold and beautiful.
5. Stain Glass Window: Bring on the iridescent foil, because you have some Insta-worthy nails to create. Cut a few pieces of colored tape or sheer foil into simple geometric shapes and strategically place them on top of your nail. Seal with a clear coat and get ready for the double taps.
6. Light Brite Mani: Even though this mani reminds us of our favorite childhood toy, we love the minimal take on this abstract style. Switch up the base polish and add micro beads or sequins to really make your digits pop.
7. Bubbles and Glitter: This trend is all about the textures, so take your nail art game to the next level by mixing together glitter and mirrored baubles. Keep the textures in the same color family to create a seamless finish.
8. Shattered Glass: Bring out your inner vixen with this dark and mysterious mosaic design. Add a coat of silver glitter to your purple digits to add the illusion of shattered glass.
9. Sweet and Sparkly: This mosaic design is as sweet as it is super sparkly. Use fine-grade glitter polish in complementary shades of metallics to make this Insta-approved style come to life.
What are your favorite mosaic looks? Let us know @BritandCo!