26 Ways to Rock Negative Space Nails
One of this year’s biggest runway trends was negative space nail art, which are manicures where your un-colored nail peeps through bold lacquers like cutouts in clothes, and we — along with every other minimalist style fan — fell hard for the less-is-way-more look. From complex cutouts to simple half moon-icures, the possibilities are endless to spruce up a basic paint job into strokes of genius. Keep scrolling for 26 negative space nails looks that are guaranteed to get positive feedback!
14. Moon Cycle: This alternating moon cut-out mani was spotted at the Charlotte Ronson Spring 2015 show at New York Fashion Week — and it’s soon to be spotted on every employee at Brit + Co. (via Beauty Editor)
16. Black and White: Combine multiple negative techniques — chevron, keyhole, and Pacman — in any color combo for a mani that keeps ’em guessing, though black and white do just fine. (via Sonialicious)
22. White Stripes: This brings us back to the school days when we’d paint our nails with White Out (eek!), but we could never get sleek lines with that funky wedge. Use a thin nail brush to swipe simple lines for a not-so-basic manicure. (via Lili Ngyuen)
23. Denim on Denim: It’s no secret how much we love chambray around here. Now you can get the classic jean-tastic look on your nails with this denim textured polish, in shades of blue of course. (via Lucky)
26. Karl Lagerfield: Um, how adorbs is this designer digit doppelganger?! Search for a selfie (of yourself or your fav style icon) and get creative with a minimalist mini-portrait. Très chic! (via Madeline Poole)
Which look(s) are you going to try? Tag us at @BritandCo in your Instagram nail selfie!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.