10 New Beauty Products to Try This Month
Oh hey, April — WTF?! I swear I just started breaking out my wintery, dark lipstick and cold weather clothes. Well, it’s officially time to usher in the fresh colors of spring, which also means it’s time to welcome a ton of new beauty products. Here are 10 new beauty products you can use to make April extra pretty.
1. Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick ($46): This 3-in-1 brick acts as a bronzer, blush and overall brightener. You can also use the colors individually as eyeshadow — they’re so pretty. Bobbi Brown bricks are known to last forever (I had one for 8 years!), so this is definitely worth the price.
2. Lilumia 2 Paris ($149): What if you *never* had to wash your makeup brushes again? The Lilumia 2 Paris is basically a magical washing machine for your makeup brushes — simple as that. Simple place (up to 12) of them into the machine, and then let the technology do its thing. Your brushes will be left super soft and deeply cleaned.
3. Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad ($26): Contouring your face has been a thing for a while now, but contouring your eyes is just as important. This new palette from KVD comes with four expertly coordinated shades in a super slick compact that will make defining your eyes super simple. It even comes with a how-to sheet illustrated by Kat Von D herself!
4. Verso Intense Facial Mask ($75 for pack of 4): The latest mask from Verso promises to deeply hydrate your skin while also fighting the signs of aging, thanks to retinol 8. You’ll feel the moisture from this heavy-duty mask for up to 30 hours post-application. Crazy!
5. Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara ($23): The cult-favorite mascara is comin’ in hot this month with a brand new formula launch: waterproof! I personally love this mascara because it makes my lashes super full and thick, so the waterproof will be a must-have as the weather warms up.
6. Chella Passionate Pink Moisturizing Lipstick Pencil ($18): Did someone say lipstick pencil?! Sign me up. This super hydrating lipstick pencil gives you the best of a lipliner (precision!) and a lipstick (color!) without compromising moisturization. This is definitely a solid product to keep stashed in your purse and at your desk.
7. Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara ($23): The highly-anticipated new mascara from Tarte is here, and it looks amazing. If you want super dark, inky lashes that are lengthened, separated and super volumized, this stuff is for you. It’s also vegan!
8. Clinique Pop Glaze Sheer Lip Colour + Primer ($18): If you want an all-in-one lip product, here it is! This stuff not only has a built-in primer, but the color also stays put for up to eight hours, making it the perfect blend of a hydrating balm, primer and lip stain.
9. ColourPop Bronze in The Golden Child ($8): This stuff makes you glow, straight up. It’s a gorgeous coppery shade with gold shimmer. Sweep this onto your cheeks and eyes for instant summer vibes.
10. Urban Decay Cosmetics 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero ($20): One of the most classic colors in this line of eyeliners got an extra creamy formula. It’s described as a “zealous black cream” — and honestly, when we’re talking about black eyeliner, what more could you want?
Follow us on Pinterest for more makeup must-haves and beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.