10 New Beauty Products to Try This Month
Oh hey, April — WTF?! I swear I just started breaking out my wintery, dark lipstick and cold weather clothes. Well, it’s officially time to usher in the fresh colors of spring, which also means it’s time to welcome a ton of new beauty products. Here are 10 new beauty products you can use to make April extra pretty.
1. Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick ($46): This 3-in-1 brick acts as a bronzer, blush and overall brightener. You can also use the colors individually as eyeshadow — they’re so pretty. Bobbi Brown bricks are known to last forever (I had one for 8 years!), so this is definitely worth the price.
2. Lilumia 2 Paris ($149): What if you *never* had to wash your makeup brushes again? The Lilumia 2 Paris is basically a magical washing machine for your makeup brushes — simple as that. Simple place (up to 12) of them into the machine, and then let the technology do its thing. Your brushes will be left super soft and deeply cleaned.
3. Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Quad ($26): Contouring your face has been a thing for a while now, but contouring your eyes is just as important. This new palette from KVD comes with four expertly coordinated shades in a super slick compact that will make defining your eyes super simple. It even comes with a how-to sheet illustrated by Kat Von D herself!
4. Verso Intense Facial Mask ($75 for pack of 4): The latest mask from Verso promises to deeply hydrate your skin while also fighting the signs of aging, thanks to retinol 8. You’ll feel the moisture from this heavy-duty mask for up to 30 hours post-application. Crazy!
5. Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara ($23): The cult-favorite mascara is comin’ in hot this month with a brand new formula launch: waterproof! I personally love this mascara because it makes my lashes super full and thick, so the waterproof will be a must-have as the weather warms up.
6. Chella Passionate Pink Moisturizing Lipstick Pencil ($18): Did someone say lipstick pencil?! Sign me up. This super hydrating lipstick pencil gives you the best of a lipliner (precision!) and a lipstick (color!) without compromising moisturization. This is definitely a solid product to keep stashed in your purse and at your desk.
7. Tarte Tarteist Lash Paint Mascara ($23): The highly-anticipated new mascara from Tarte is here, and it looks amazing. If you want super dark, inky lashes that are lengthened, separated and super volumized, this stuff is for you. It’s also vegan!
8. Clinique Pop Glaze Sheer Lip Colour + Primer ($18): If you want an all-in-one lip product, here it is! This stuff not only has a built-in primer, but the color also stays put for up to eight hours, making it the perfect blend of a hydrating balm, primer and lip stain.
9. ColourPop Bronze in The Golden Child ($8): This stuff makes you glow, straight up. It’s a gorgeous coppery shade with gold shimmer. Sweep this onto your cheeks and eyes for instant summer vibes.
10. Urban Decay Cosmetics 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero ($20): One of the most classic colors in this line of eyeliners got an extra creamy formula. It’s described as a “zealous black cream” — and honestly, when we’re talking about black eyeliner, what more could you want?
Follow us on Pinterest for more makeup must-haves and beauty inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!