Chocolate, Kale + More Cornbread Upgrades You Need to Try
Everyone knows that it ain’t a summer BBQ or cookout without cornbread. Whether it’s served beside a plate of pulled pork or next to a crisp, seasonal salad, cornbread is the jack of all trades; you can make it savory or sweet, traditional or fancy, and it’s bound to be delicious. We scoured the web to find you the coolest cornbread recipes that will make you the star of any summer potluck. From chocolate to kale to everything in between, you’ll find an awesome new take on cornbread that’s worth turning on the oven.
1. Strawberry Honey Cornbread Muffins: Use the summer bounty of strawberries you bring home from the farmers’ market for this recipe. This easy-to-make and delicious muffin will definitely have you craving more once they’re gone! (via Erren’s Kitchen)
2. Savory Feta and Olive Corn Muffins: These gluten-free muffins remind us of the fancy focaccia bread you find at your favorite bakery. They go great with grilled chicken or a Greek salad for a light date-night dinner. (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
3. Gluten-Free Rosemary and Olive Oil Cornbread: This savory cornbread recipe is great for anyone with food allergies: It’s both gluten-free and dairy-free, and will pair well with a huge summer salad. (via A Clean Bake)
4. Healthy Cornbread Protein Bars With Apples and Dates: Do you love cornbread for breakfast? Us too. This version is gluten-free and sweetened with apples and dates for a sweet breakfast that won’t give you that dreaded sugar crash. (via Food Faith Fitness)
5. Cheddar Butternut Squash Cornbread: If cheesy cornbread is wrong, then we don’t want to be right. This recipe is gluten-free and lightened up with butternut squash puree for another hit of veggies. (via Almost Getting It Together)
7. Cornbread With Sweet Corn, Cherry Tomatoes and Sheep’s Cheese: Don’t let the long name scare you! Believe it or not, this recipe is actually pretty easy to make. Throw your leftover veggies into your favorite skillet recipe and you’ll have a fancy take on cornbread in no time. (via The Bojon Gourmet)
8. Kale and Poblano Stuffed Cornbread Muffins: Get an extra serving of vegetables with this recipe. They are perfect with pulled pork at your next BBQ or with chili for when the weather starts to cool down. (via Healthy Girl’s Kitchen)
9. Breakfast Cornbread Muffins With Caramelized Ambrosia Apples: You’ll go to bed dreaming of breakfast with these tasty muffins. The caramelized apples pair perfectly with cornbread and are even more delicious topped with lots of homemade almond butter. (via The Adventures of MJ and Hungryman)
11. Chocolate Chip Cornbread Muffins: Is there anything that chocolate doesn’t go well with? We think not. This cornbread recipe features chocolate chips, and we just can’t get enough. (via Jessie Loves 2 Run)
What is your favorite way to eat cornbread? Let us know in the comments below.