10 Makeup Products Tired New Moms Will Appreciate
Up all night long with your newborn? Don’t worry, mama; we’ve all been there. Late-night feedings, random crying jags (both yours and the baby’s), and dozens of diaper changes may be cutting into your beauty sleep, but that doesn’t mean you have to look like an extra from The Walking Dead. Whether you’re all about covering up those not-so-cute circles or need a way to deflate the bags, we’ve got the products you should invest in ASAP.
1. Dr. Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Dew It All Eye Gel ($48): So you say you want to get that “I just slept for a full 12 hours” look back. Well here’s the product to dew it (sorry). Not only does this little tube of magic help you to get a smooth, hydrated look immediately, but its effects will last up to 72 hours.
2. NIA Fake Awake Triple-Action Eye Gel ($36): The name says it all. With light-reflecting particles to reduce the look of dark circles, this gel gives you the fresh face you totally deserve.
3. First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy A.M. Gel Cream ($36): This gel cream hydrates and firms, but that’s far from the only reason to use it; its quick-absorbing formula is perfect for mamas on the go.
4. Tarte Aquacealer Concealer ($26): Hallelujah, it’s a vegan serum and cover-up combo! This double-duty formula moisturizes and protects while it covers and brightens, which means you’ll get rested-looking eyes without needing whole kit full of products.
5. It Bye Bye Under Eye Concealing Pot ($28): By the third feeding, you already know the dark circles are coming. Not to worry — this dreamy, creamy concealer will cover them up while soothing your skin and minimizing lines (just in case!). It’s also lightweight and won’t crack or crease.
6. Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Gold Eye Masks ($25): To start with — they’re gold! Your under-eye area will look totally luxe with these shimmery little masks on. They brighten, hydrate, temper dark circles, and give your eyes a look you’ll like.
7. Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Crème ($38): If you didn’t already know about the rad powers of banana powder, you’re not alone — but apparently, it works wonders. Try this brightening, color-correcting formula and see for yourself.
8. Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer ($34): When you’re dealing with next-level dark circles, you need this stuff in your arsenal. It covers completely, leaving almost no trace of your “baby never slept” night.
9. Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening and Depuffing Eye Contour Cream ($65): The name says it all. You want luminous, puff-free eyes? Add this to your cart stat.
10. CeraVe Eye Repair Cream ($11): This cream helps remove the look of dark circles and reduces puffiness, all for a low, low price. Now you’ll have more money for diapers, wipes, and all the adorable baby clothes you can handle.
What’s your favorite well-rested face product? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.