Somewhere, whoever is controlling the weather is cackling, because while previous days of New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2016 hit one degree Fahrenheit with blustery winds, today it’s 51 degrees and pouring rain (still windy though). Versatile as ever, the fashion folk of NYC prevail and today, we’re here with our sixth installment of must-see moments for NYFW.
1. Need-It-Now Look: Prep queen Tory Burch debuted her new Fall collection this morning in NYC and there were lots of dark floral prints, graphic patterns and tweed (perfect for autumn). This stunning maxi features a low V-neck, Tory Burch’s new black floral print and bishop sleeves. If you needed photographic evidence that the ’70s are back, this is it. (Photo via Slaven Vlasic/Getty)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: Japanese kimono designer Hiromi Asai’s show featured what looks like a French twist, only the tail has been left out ponytail style with a barrel roll braid. In order for the style to hold, however, you can bet lots and lots of bobby pins were utilized. (@gammarhophoto)
3. Next Level Beauty: Italian brand Chiara Boni featured some of the most interesting makeup for Fashion Week day six. Hyper-pigmented salmon pink shadow was packed onto the lid and a thick black line was drawn into the crease. Overall, this look is definitely more editorial than everyday, but it just does to show that pink/peach shadows are hot, hot, hot. (Photo via Monica Schipper/Getty)
4. Street Style #Slay: We’ve been spotting colorful faux fur coats all over the place this NYFW — the bolder the better. This adorable micro-fashionista rocks a tiara + a faux fur coat that matches her mom’s come rain or shine. Seriously, cue the awws. We’re also digging her black + white stockings with the little heart on the knee. So stylish. (@thedonlikecheadle)
5. OMG Runway Moment: Usually, you most closely associate designer Vera Wang with ethereally beautiful wedding gowns. At her FW16 fashion show today, it was all dark urban edginess. And we swear, she has invented a whole new bra shape — nouveau balconette? The designer’s show-stopping outfit pictured here might not be the most wearable look (it’s haute couture after all), but there’s definitely some style elements we can learn here — like mixing different fall-toned sheers in your outfit. Also, not hating the socks with platform shoe combo. Who knew? (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
Will you be trying out any of these trends in the fall? Tweet us @BritandCo!