The Busy Girl Guide to NYFW: 5 Must-See Instagrams from Day 6
It seems the further we get into Fashion Week, the more colorful things are getting. Monday was a perfect storm of designers who take a bold approach to fashion (see: Jeremy Scott + Libertine) and use color in insanely creative ways (the patterns and hues at Mara Hoffman + Mansur Gavriel were straight up swoon-worthy). See the best technicolor runway moments from yesterday’s festivities and the other must-see Instagrams of what you *need* to know went down at New York Fashion Week in the latest edition of the Busy Girl Guide to NYFW.
1. Need-It-Now Look: Beyoncé’s/Mindy Kaling’s/your favorite swimwear designer gave an official thumbs up to pattern clashing beyond the pool (and Willie Nelson-inspired braids) at her cowgirl-meets-Cali-girl runway show. (photo via @marahoffman)
2. DIY Hair Inspo: This spring, a babelicious blowout has that signature ‘70s swoop that adds a bit of softness to the face. Take a cue from Gigi Hadid’s Tommy Hilfiger hair and add a boho twist with a sneaky braid. (photo via @styledstrct)
3. Next-Level Makeup: “On your marks, get set, go!” seems to be a running nail art theme, and the mod girls in us are obsessed with the retro check, especially when they’re worn with with funky color blocked mani like at the Libertine show. (photo via @jadextaylor)
4. Street Style #Slay: Blogger Chiara Ferragni shows just how vital a patch collection will be this spring — they add a playful, punky pick-me-up to any old outerwear (or even your old pair of jeans). (photo via @alixdebeer)
5. OMG Runway Moment: Mansur Gavriel, the accessories brand basically responsible for your bucket bag obsession, will now *finally* convert you into an ugly shoe lover with its debut line of slide-on platform shoes that come in a range of rich colors and heel heights. Oh, and its three new bag styles, a roomy rectangular clutch, a half moon wristlet and thin circle handbag, were enough to make Megan Draper swoon. There just aren’t enough praise hand emojis for this. (photo via @mansurgavriel)
Find the full NYFW recap here.
What Insta feeds are you following this FW? Share your favorite NYFW moments with us in the comments below.