5 Beauty Products Your Routine Is Missing
As a beauty writer, I live and breathe products. There is a constant flow of new skincare, makeup and hair products making its way into my hands on the daily, so it’s a big deal when I declare that I’m “obsessed AF” with something. This series will detail the products that are *everything* to me right now.
Even though we’ve just hit mid-November, it feels like we’re in the thick of winter, if you ask me and my beauty routine. I’m experiencing dryness, dullness and all that fun stuff from my skin to my strands, so I’ve been on the hunt for products that do work. Good news: I found five fresh picks that I am looooving and am very thankful for this time of year. Get ready to spritz, spritz, spritz and plump up your lips!
1. Captain Blankenship Limited Edition Mermaid Magic Sea Salt Shimmer Spray Sampler ($28): I chose to feature my favorite color from this trio, Rose Gold Sunset, because it’s just so damn pretty. I’ve always loved this sea salt spray for those lazy-girl hair days, but this fun, holiday-centric color takes it to the next level. Spritz this stuff on your tresses and you’ll experience legit texture and a fresh scent all day long.
2. Octavio Hair Aceite Argan Oil ($32): I’ve been totally relying on argan oil this season. I add this miracle product to help repair split ends and breakage overnight, but it also works wonders on my skin. I add a few drops to my normal facial moisturizer and body lotion to seriously increase hydration. Argan oil is such a versatile moisturizer, and this miracle product is a constant in my rotation.
3. TYRA Beauty Lips Like Whoa Plumping Lip Gloss ($26): When I can’t be bothered with lipstick, I turn to this clear lip gloss to give my pucker a little plump. When Brit + Co partner Tyra Banks spoke at Re:Make 2016, she talked about how it’s important to embrace our individual beauty, which def made me turn to more natural-looking options, like this product, rather than bolder colors. This stuff is seriously moisturizing and smells slightly sweet (but it’s not overpowering, promise!), and leaves your lips looking fuller in a flash.
4. VITRUVI Sleep Face & Body Mist ($24): This is a product I didn’t know I needed until I tried it — and now I use it multiple times a day. I love that it’s made of mega chill essential oils that help you unwind at night and brighten up your face. The scent is inspired by warm cashmere, but it really just smells… good. There’s nothing I love more than a multi-purpose product, so this relaxing, calming mist is everything to me right now.
5. BANISH Vitamin C Beauty Elixir ($19): While I love the VITRUVI mist to unwind, this refreshing spray has the opposite effect — that’s why I keep it on my desk. I love spraying my face mid-day with this minty-fresh formula that not only feels and smells amazing, but helps invigorate my skin thanks to vitamin C and tea tree oil. I spray this stuff when I want a little pick-me-up (like right before I started writing this!).
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty obsessions.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.